Talk

Advanced search

problems with paypal

(14 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Fri 17-May-13 11:34:14

sorry not an AIBU...

I have linked my bank account to my paypal account gone through all the verification and confirmation so the account is linked but I still am unable to use this to send money it only gives me my credit card option which then incurs a fee...any ideas why?

JanuaryTwenty Fri 17-May-13 11:37:43

When you link a bank account to PP, they make a couple of small deposits into your account to prove that it's alive, and you have to tell them how much the deposits were. Has that happened yet?

bettycocker Fri 17-May-13 11:38:00

Do you mean to send money to other people rather than buy things?

As far as I know, Paypal always charges a fee to send money.

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 17-May-13 11:43:42

Have had the phone call and have had the 1p deposit and put the code in.

To send money to friends and family it says there is no charge to send from a bank account but it won't give me this option only the credit card...

The FAQs say they always try to send money in the following order:
Paypal balance
Bank account
Credit card

So don't understand why not giving me option of linked bank account...

OhWouldYouJust Fri 17-May-13 11:50:28

Hmmm funny you should post this as I am currently having the same issue.... bizzare hmm

LifeofPo Fri 17-May-13 11:55:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LifeofPo Fri 17-May-13 11:56:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

happyAvocado Fri 17-May-13 11:57:58

how would they know of your credit card if you linked your main account with paypal

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 17-May-13 12:10:35

it is a friend of a friend and I don't have her bank details....I have my bank account and credit card linked to my paypal account.

good idea LifeofPo maybe I will try that.

TheFallenNinja Fri 17-May-13 12:21:32

Use the PayPal balance it will immediately debit your bank account.

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 17-May-13 12:25:13

Deleted credit card now can't make any pament

whoneedssleepanyway Fri 17-May-13 12:31:14

Done it, transferred £15 from my bank to my paypal account and then used this balance to transfer to my friend and no fee

JanuaryTwenty Fri 17-May-13 14:44:01

That's good, WNSA. In future you should not need to even do that, as if the Paypal balance is too low to cover a payment it automatically sucks the money from your bank account to cover it. It may sound like a security risk to allow that to happen, but I've been using PP for years without any problem. Just make sure that your PP password is different to all your others, including internet banking.

Ferarrier Sun 19-May-13 07:48:22

hey... where are you trying to use PP?
If it happens to be a site that is NOT ebay then I would try using a completely different payment method! For example - just a get a prepaid card - i.e. paysafecard - for the amount your item costs and then buy it like that! Much easier and so much safer as you dont have to give any Bank account or CC information!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now