Talk

Advanced search

AIBU - gym activity

(28 Posts)
fatpony Fri 17-May-13 11:10:30

Was at the gym this morning. I usually go in the evening and shower at home. While I was getting dressed a lady prancing around butt naked (pretty normal for my gym, no problem with that) who was near my locker
bent over (while still naked) and started putting a sanitary towel into her knickers. Ummm - surely this is something you do in the privacy of the loo, not least because other people don't want to see that?

Or is this acceptable gym changing room behaviour and I'm a prude. I've been cracking up about it ever since!

Whitewineformeplease Fri 17-May-13 11:11:28

Count yourself lucky, it could have been a mooncup! grin

Panzee Fri 17-May-13 11:11:34

I assume it was clean? grin This wouldn't bother me tbh.

I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't have an issue with someone else doing it. And I am one of those harlots who 'prance around' naked in the changing room.

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 17-May-13 11:14:40

What's the problem? Unless she's leaving behind a trail of blood.

Mitchy1nge Fri 17-May-13 11:16:19

why were you watching her do that?

fatpony Fri 17-May-13 11:31:11

I wasn't watching, I had to walk past her to get to my locker which was a few down from mine, quickly averted my eyes. No problem with the prancing, just kind of think of this as something private! I shall go directly to prude-land.

iloveweetos Fri 17-May-13 11:33:17

haha bit weird
have an image now of trail of blood :/

DontMeanToBeRudeBut Fri 17-May-13 11:33:40

I would be a bit hmm I also prance around naked in gym changing rooms, sorry about that. I thought I was being all Scandinavian-like sad

HeySoulSister Fri 17-May-13 11:34:14

I'd be a bit prudish about it too!

There's no need

icklemssunshine1 Fri 17-May-13 11:43:54

As long as she didn't leave it in the shower (yes, I have experience that - ew!) then I wouldn't be too bothered, just wouldn't do it myself.

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 17-May-13 11:48:09

Sorry total prude over here... I would be really quite shock !! I'm definitely not a naked prancer... Far too little self esteem, but i dont worry about other more confident gym goers... But that's just a tad too far for me!!

OneLittleToddleTerror Fri 17-May-13 11:59:17

I'm a naked prancer grin. Guess that's why I'm not bothered. It would be inconvenient to pop into the toilet cubicle just to put a pad on. The etiquette in gym changing room is not to stare isn't it?

BTW I go to a council gym and the showers on the workout class level is communal. A wall of shower heads type. Now I know why half the class leave the gym sweaty! I didn't think people find it embarrassing hmm. I do make sure I dont give my lady parts a good clean in there though. That would be weird grin

fatpony Fri 17-May-13 11:59:56

Heffalump come and join me in the prude's corner. I found it funny more than weird I suppose, and told my husband, "see this is why I do not like to go to the gym in the morning!".

Footface Fri 17-May-13 12:11:36

At least it was clean, I had a woman next to me come back from using the gym, shove her hand in her knickers pull the towel out put it in the bin and then get in the shower

MrsKoala Fri 17-May-13 12:12:06

i don't understand a problem with it. It was clean, so what's the difference between that and her putting on a clean pair of pants?

Can you explain what is was you didn't like about it?

xylem8 Fri 17-May-13 12:30:47

but did she blow dry her fanjo?

whois Fri 17-May-13 12:43:32

I was about to say "rancid" as I thought you meant used, but popping a clean one on wouldn't bother me although I probably would have done it in the toilet out of habit.

I am a naked prancer. Much easier to dry and get changed than muck about trying to get pants and bra on while clammy and having a towel round you :-)

I once saw a girl, in town at the end of a night out, reach under her skirt, pull out a bloody tampon and throw it at a guy she was arguing with. Now that, ladies, is unreasonable. The bloody splat as it hot the floor still haunts me.

Whitewineformeplease Fri 17-May-13 12:58:15

Jesus Christ whois

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 17-May-13 12:59:46

Heffa happily joins prudes corner!

Whilst I'm here, could I possibly mention that it makes me very uncomfortable when ladies bend over to dry their feet right in front of me? It's definitely my policy not to stare, but when you innocently look up from drying your legs (whilst desperately holding onto the towel blush) to a bum hole in your face it makes us prudes rather on edge!!

EasterHoliday Fri 17-May-13 13:00:00

Holy. Crap. That's one way to win an argument.

EasterHoliday Fri 17-May-13 13:00:57

(oh and I put the sanitary towel thing under the same heading as the strumpet in the Third Space changing rooms who used to shave her muff in the showers with the door open. There were doors! CLOSE THEM)

HeffalumpTheFlump Fri 17-May-13 13:01:41

envy - this is a green with nausea face at whols comment!!

TheSmallClanger Fri 17-May-13 13:07:07

I think it's a bit grim.

Normally, I go straight home from the gym and change and shower there. I try not to be, but I am a fully paid-up member of the Prudes' Club and don't particularly enjoy being naked in front of others.

JeanPaget Fri 17-May-13 13:10:42

Well I'd be a bit shock, but then I'm a bit of a prude in general. The naked prancers always make me blush - I'm one for squirming about under my clammy towel!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now