Talk

Advanced search

to tell friend to shut up

(12 Posts)
kilmuir Thu 16-May-13 10:30:14

and leave my 15yr old DD and her boyfriend alone. They are very loved up and are good for each other. My friend seems to make it her business to tell me and my DD to expect him to drop her, will not last etc.
Now I know they are young blah, blah, but I say have fun and take it day by day.
I told my friend she was envious.
Just having a moan as i enjoy a morning coffee..........................

Ihaveavoo Thu 16-May-13 10:45:54

You sound a lovely mum smile
My mum is your friend, always telling me I would drop any boyfriend I had, started at 15 and still going on. There is nothing worse than an unsupportive parent when the issue doesn't call to be unsupportive at all.

thebody Thu 16-May-13 10:50:51

Yes tell her to shut up and beak out.

SirBoobAlot Thu 16-May-13 10:51:40

Your friend is such a spoil sport! Let your DD enjoy things... And if they go wrong, then be there for her.

Jesus what a nightmare your friend would be as parent... And just as a friend, actually!

kilmuir Thu 16-May-13 11:15:15

I honestly think she is a bit jealous. I do see them together and think ahhh, those were the days. Makes me feel old, but no way would I put a damper on it all.
Bought me some choc hobnobs so can't be that bad!

Cailinsalach Thu 16-May-13 11:54:08

If I had a daughter I wouldn't allow her to have a boyfriend. Ever.

(ok that may be a bit extreme. Perhaps when she is old enough to know about life. Late forties?)

MammaTJ Thu 16-May-13 12:16:14

You are a wise woman. I have never said anything mean about my DDs five minute wonders BFs, hence at 18 she is happy to talk to me about everything.

Wishiwasanheiress Thu 16-May-13 12:18:04

Agree friend must snout out.

EasilyBored Thu 16-May-13 12:19:27

You know what, it probably will all go bad at some point, but I think it's supposed to when you're that age. I remember those heady teenage romances <old gimmer at not even thirty over here> and the feeling like the world has ended when you get your heartbroken. But it hasn't really and it's a right of passage. You sound like a lovely mum, so tell your friend to leave them alone and stick her oar somewhere else.

GoodbyePorkPie Thu 16-May-13 13:53:14

I'm with Cailin, I have a toddler DD and there is no way she will EVER be allowed a boyfriend.

MammaTJ Thu 16-May-13 13:55:11

Good luck with that Cailin and Goodbye. grin

GoodbyePorkPie Thu 16-May-13 13:56:01

sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now