Talk

Advanced search

To think that if you're not contactable when you're supposed to be paid to be on call, you should forfeit the on call pay.

(3 Posts)
trixymalixy Thu 16-May-13 08:46:29

I'm fucking knackered. DH is worse.

DH's phone was going all night last night as the two people who were supposed to be on call were not answering their phone and they were needed. DH is the project manager and doesn't get on call pay, yet he was the one up several times in the night trying to find alternative numbers for these guys.

They are paid an amount of money to be on call, to be available if needed, plus extra if they are actually called out.

AIBU to think that if after 2 hours they are still not answering their phones they should forfeit the pay?

This happens fairly regularly and I'm getting really pissed off with it.

sparkle101 Thu 16-May-13 08:49:24

They should lose their pay and if needs be go down the disciplinary route (barring an emergency but as this isn't the first time I seriously doubt it). I had to start going down that line with a couple of my managers and its amazing how they answer their phones now!!!

trixymalixy Thu 16-May-13 08:52:35

I wish DH's work would do, but they just don't seem to do anything about it.

There were loads of people up in the middle of the night that weren't meant to be, yet the two paid for the potential inconvenience of having to get up in the middle of the night were sleeping soundly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now