Talk

Advanced search

To get my hair cut in a kids hairdressers!

(9 Posts)
LittleMissGerardButlerfan Wed 15-May-13 22:00:58

There is a trendy kids hairdressers in town with a car chair for boys and a princess chair for girls and a normal chair for adults, but the decor/theme is aimed at kids. On a Wednesday they do half price adult hair cuts so I had a cut and blow dry for about £11 a couple of months ago and had a dry cut for £5 today, both times had a fantastic cut grin

There is only one hairdresser at a time so anyone walking past would see me sat there by myself! My friend asked me today where I had been and I said oh it's on x street she said oh Saks? I said no, the kids hairdressers blush but I don't know why I'm do embarrassed as the staff are lovely and I would recommend them! even if I am too big to sit in the Audi chair

So Aibu to go there, or would you too? Especially as its a good cut and a bargain!

scottishmummy Wed 15-May-13 22:01:49

I love a bargain,if they do good haircut get in

SneakyBiscuitEater Wed 15-May-13 22:03:39

I have in the past when we lived in the North East. I haven't found one near where we live now though. Excellent value for money and the DCs watched a DVD on the big screen. Everyone's happy. but the I don't give a shit about what other people think

MisselthwaiteManor Wed 15-May-13 22:13:40

The decor is irrelevant, if you're getting good value and a good cut then carry on.

Decoy Wed 15-May-13 23:52:09

No objection to something a bit different, but why does it have to be "car chair for boys and a princess chair for girls"?

WorraLiberty Wed 15-May-13 23:54:43

Decoy I'm sure they wouldn't tell kids to bugger off if they chose either chair lol.

YANBU OP...a good haircut is a good haircut.

BestParentEver Thu 16-May-13 07:09:11

It astounds me how immature grown ups can be!

If it makes you happy just do it, feeling having to comply to a status quo is the childish bit.

Plus it is clearly aimed at adults too and sounds fun

siezethenight Thu 16-May-13 07:36:16

I have had the barber trim my hair before now! He finished my son's, there was no queue and I complained about getting mine done at three or four times the cost in the hairdressers so he got me on the chair and did it. Best 4.00 I have ever spent!

Decoy Thu 16-May-13 09:53:59

I'm going to pick the car chair if I ever see one grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now