Talk

Advanced search

to think Spitting Image should come back?

(19 Posts)
kim147 Wed 15-May-13 21:16:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheVermiciousKnid Wed 15-May-13 21:22:22

I was thinking that earlier today. Gove would make a great puppet. They wouldn't really need to change much.

Euphemia Wed 15-May-13 21:22:31

Absolutely! Rich fodder!

FoundAChopinLizt Wed 15-May-13 21:24:54

Just watch PMQs, it's pure farce wink

But seriously, they should bring it back.

Let's start a petition?

MavisSnapdragon Wed 15-May-13 21:27:51

Definitely. DH was watching some on youtube a little while ago and we were both saying they should bring it back. They should show Yes Minister and Yes Primeminister (the original ones, I mean) in a primetime slot on BBC1 as well. It's amazing how much of that is still relevant today.

MiaowTheCat Wed 15-May-13 21:28:26

Until recently they've had rather shite, insipid material to work from in terms of politicians - but we do seem to be collecting a few more personalities at least of late. But Cameron/Clegg/Miliband are nowhere near as easy to make into caricatures as Kinnock, Thatcher etc were - I'm sure I watched something on TV where one of the Spitting Image team said as much.

I'd love to see it back - only if they could make it as good as in its heyday (which I doubt they would manage to do).

IrritatingInfinity Wed 15-May-13 21:44:32

YANBU I am smiling at the thought of a spitting image Boris Johnson. I would worry that it would be hard to distinguish it from the very rubbery looking real live Boris.

Lazyjaney Wed 15-May-13 21:47:38

Imagining Cleggy as a little David Steel-alike.....

Numberlock Wed 15-May-13 21:48:54

Let's start a petition?

Where do I sign?!

LittleMissGerardButlerfan Wed 15-May-13 21:50:00

Hold a chicken in the air song

PeneloPeePitstop Wed 15-May-13 21:50:55

Would it be the same though?
Gideon would have to be his face on a cockroach...

Numberlock Wed 15-May-13 21:51:33

Never met a nice South African, my personal fave song

LemonPeculiarJones Wed 15-May-13 21:52:27

YANBU! I was thinking the very same thing the other day.

Snazzynewyear Wed 15-May-13 21:52:37

I would love to see it back and will happily sign a petition. It's what could be called a target-rich environment in politics at the moment.

bigbuttons Wed 15-May-13 21:56:54

They won't bring it back because world's gone mad; it would be against someone's human rights or something. It would be un-PC or some such shit. I bloody loved Spitting image, it felt like we had a voice. back then the common folk spoke out, they rioted and went on strikes. Now people just moan and put up with all the shit being thrown at them.

Another one who would love to see it back!

<wanders off to find her 'best of' DVD>

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 15-May-13 22:19:11

YANBU.

Bambalam Wed 15-May-13 22:23:22

Yes! I said this to colleagues at work the other day.
Great minds, hey?

Joiningthegang Wed 15-May-13 22:44:20

Yes yes yes

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now