Talk

Advanced search

aibu to think she made this awkward for no reason, or am I in the wrong?

(12 Posts)
RainbowCurls Wed 15-May-13 19:50:43

I have been at my new job 4 weeks now in a call centre, and I am really enjoying it and work with a really lovely team - in that team there are a couple (not sure how long they have been together)

Anyway this guy sits one person away from me. He's a really nice and friendly guy and we have a joke together (you would go crazy at work if you weren't having a laugh with colleagues) and these jokes usually include the person sat in-between us too.

The person in-between us I really get on with her and she added me on FB, and I tagged her in a funny photo and she tagged some other people in our team in it too and I added a couple of them (this included the guy)

Today he uploaded a video and I commented saying - "stressful day at work again?" and he made a joke about me staring at a guy in the sales department and I responded that he needed to hook me up with him.

His girlfriend then commented - wow didn't take you two long to find each other on fb smile

And when I was on a break I heard her shout my name, and she asked if I was enjoying it still and then again said - didn't take you long to find him on fb, have you been stalking him?

It was suppose to be jokey, but there was a definite serious undertone to it.

I now feel so awkward.

I genuinely do not fancy the guy in the slightest (and he most probably doesn't like me like that either), I think he's a funny and nice person and good to have a joke with.

We don't have breaks together, see each outside of work, have each others phone number and if we are joking it usually with the person sat inbetween us too.

Aibu to think she made it awkward for no reason?

Chocotrekkie Wed 15-May-13 19:53:00

She sounds insecure to me - he might have had affair in the past ??

kotinka Wed 15-May-13 19:53:54

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lambzig Wed 15-May-13 19:55:46

Yes just ignore. She sounds insecure which she may have reason to be. Just be friendly to her.

DaemonPantalaemon Wed 15-May-13 19:56:01

The best policy is not to be Facebook friends with people you work with. Trust me on this.

Cakeisyummy Wed 15-May-13 19:59:08

Ignore and rise above, YANBU... She's jealous and it sooner or later will effect their relationship x

kotinka Wed 15-May-13 20:01:58

ladymariner Wed 15-May-13 20:04:48

Ignore the comments, smile, be pleasant to her and carry on exactly as you are doing.

MammaTJ Wed 15-May-13 20:07:17

Just a warning shot, nothing more than that. She felt she did need to make it awkward in order to warn you off.

If you want to make it really awkward you could call her out on it if she does it again, something like 'Oh, am I worrying you?' but I wouldn't recommend it.

squeakytoy Wed 15-May-13 20:11:14

Dont add colleagues on FB, and it will avoid all this sort of stress.

SugarPasteGreyhound Wed 15-May-13 20:12:41

PlasticLentilWeaver Wed 15-May-13 20:18:45

What Daemon said. Keep work well away from FB and vice versa. And get your privacy maxed up.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now