Talk

Advanced search

to think Jeremy Vine is a horrible person

(61 Posts)
ifindoubtnamechange Tue 14-May-13 22:38:51

and his production team aren't up to much either.

Radio show chat today "should Tia Sharp's family shoulder some of the blame for her death?" (or words to that effect).

Err... no. I think that the man who abused and killed her is the one who should "shoulder the blame".

What kind of mind tries to heap more misery on a horrifically bereaved family?

ifindoubtnamechange Tue 14-May-13 22:39:57

Oh and I know I am not using AIBU correctly because of course I am right!

Ragusa Tue 14-May-13 22:49:42

Course you are. He makes me feel physically sick. He is the daily mail of the airwaves...

GeordieCherry Tue 14-May-13 22:54:20

Middle class Kyle. Awful.

idiot55 Tue 14-May-13 22:58:18

He is a numptie, he really is.

completly uncarring, i agree he is the daily mail of radio

quesadilla Tue 14-May-13 22:59:31

Daily Mail of radio smile

Mintyy Tue 14-May-13 23:00:29

Can't really comment because I have Radio 2 on from 7am til midday but when Jezza comes on, that's when I switch to R4 or R5. Hideous show.

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 14-May-13 23:02:07

He's a cunt.

TheseFoolishThings Tue 14-May-13 23:05:46

grin @ kiss - so you're not sure what you feel about him then?

AKissIsNotAContract Tue 14-May-13 23:19:50

His brother Tim is also a cock. TV and radio would be a better place without the Vines.

TigerSwallowTail Tue 14-May-13 23:57:13

I don't know who he is but my jaw literally dropped when I read what his show was asking.

Scarletohello Wed 15-May-13 00:02:00

I cannot stand the man, is not impartial and to my mind always supports the most reactionary view. Try not to listen to him any more, it makes me too angry!

Bossybritches22 Wed 15-May-13 00:05:16

I agree not an easy subject & the show is often very DM ish( I just turn off if I find myself shouting at him too much!!)!8 but he plays devils advocate very well & is actually very clever.

I heard him speak once & he was very self deprecating, had a brilliant selection of political stories, and spoke very politely of even his twattiest opponents/ colleagues.

I think he is wasted on that show!

K8Middleton Wed 15-May-13 00:10:51

These supposedly objective debates are just another way of spouting nasty bollocks in public.

Some things are just too heinous and obviously wrong to deserve the devil's advocat treatment.

ifindoubtnamechange Wed 15-May-13 07:15:23

Ah so glad to find some like minds..

He has pissed me off a bit before, but yesterday I was so angry. Will be complaining today.

Was going to say that "Daily Mail of the airwaves" and "middle class Kyle" were perfect descriptors, but maybe akissisnotacontract came up with the ultimate..

They had an expert on yesterday saying the best way to protect your children from abusers is to help them be confident and resilient, Jeremy was trying to turn that into Tia Sharp's family should have known that Stuart Hazell would do what he did because he had some relatively minor convictions, none for sexual offences or serious violence. Just pursuing his own victim-blaming agenda.

Jeremy Vine. What a dick.

ExcuseTypos Wed 15-May-13 07:28:55

Just to correct you OP, Hazell's convictions weren't "minor".

He had 30 convictions including attacking someone with a machete, racially aggravated common assault, GBH, burglary and getting a 3 year sentence for drug dealing.

Hardly minor.

fairylightsinthespring Wed 15-May-13 07:34:00

he did a show once about if people regretted having abortions and the first caller was a very calm, rational woman in her 30s who said it had been absolutely the right decision for her at the time and he kept on and on trying to get her to have some emotional breakdown, asking "but weren't you devastated " and "weren't you _tortured by the thought of what the child would be like". Odious man. She was fine, but it didn't fit the direction he wanted to take the show in.

ilovexmastime Wed 15-May-13 07:53:31

Daily Mail of radio....

ilovexmastime Wed 15-May-13 07:54:11

Daily Mail of radio... Spot on!

LEMisdisappointed Wed 15-May-13 08:00:31

Phew so glad its not me, revolting man, horrible way he pushes people for heart rending stories as someone said above utter cunt i love ken bruce though if switch off when vile comes on.

Vine and kyle are twins, separated at birth

amigababy Wed 15-May-13 08:17:15

can I add Nicky Campbell to the list, he's awful especially when he's interviewing.

WorkingItOutAsIGo Wed 15-May-13 08:30:35

In real life, JV is the nicest of men, but I have been told by a friend that he was bullied at school by NC. So I wouldn't lump the two of them together.

CalamityKate Wed 15-May-13 08:33:02

I find him ok. He has to play devils advocate at times. That's his job. If he routinely berated the callers for their often breathtakingly awful opinions, nobody would ever ring in would they?

I heard the show yesterday and there was an old guy who rang in and rambled endlessly; so much so that I was yelling "oh just get ON with it!" A the radio but I thought JV was very patient with him.

SugarMiceInTheRain Wed 15-May-13 08:40:03

His show annoys me and I usually have to turn it off after a few minutes, but that's more to do with how obnoxious his guests are, they don't listen to each other and shout over each other. I suppose the object of his show is to get debate going so he has to play Devil's Advocate - it's his job, and he is very patient with some callers/guests who don't deserve the time of day. But I agree the Tia Sharp one - not an appropriate topic to debate. The person on the production team who came up with that one needs shooting. I prefer JV on other things he's done.

LEMisdisappointed Wed 15-May-13 09:47:18

He is not a nice man and he is not simply playing devils advocate - he is absolutely goading guests to give emotional interviews, every time he talks to someone who has lost a loved one he more or less prods them to get them to break down. Just awful. Then when they have the less serious stuff on there, you can feel the condesension (is that the right word?) in his voice over how trivial he thinks these things are. I just simply don't listen anymore. Wanker

I wonder how long it will be before he launches a tirade against mumsnet if his researchers read this grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now