Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have this conversation with him?

(4 Posts)
Joolsy Tue 14-May-13 21:41:28

My OH likes a drink most nights. But on holiday it tends to start earlier in the evening & continue till he goes to bed which is probably several hours later. I know everyone likes to let their hair down on holiday (me included - I love having a couple of glasses of the local wine) but with 2 DC's I think parents should rein it in a bit & not go too mad drink-wise. We have a 2 week holiday to Spain coming up - all inclusive - and I'm already starting to dread the evenings. I was going to sit him down & just ask him to please try to limit the amount he drinks but I don't want to cause tension before we've even left the house. Any advice please? I don't want to stop him enjoying himself.

DrGoogleWillSeeYouNow Tue 14-May-13 21:48:12

Your OH likes a drink most nights and you are already starting to dread the evenings on holiday - because he will be drinking?

Are you saying he has a drink problem?

Doubtfuldaphne Tue 14-May-13 21:56:34

I guess it's up to him really if he can only enjoy himself when he's had a load of booze its a shame as there are responsibilities that come with having children. Point it out to him and tell him you'd be happier if he doesn't drink too much. If he doesn't care and carries on I would say he has a problem.
I speak from experience by the way - my dh drinks too much and I would say when it starts to effect the people around you, then it's a drink problem.

Joolsy Tue 14-May-13 22:00:11

Thanks Doubtfuldaphne. Yes he does drink too much but I don't really see it as I'm usually in bed. He tends to not drink around me but on hols we'll be together alot more in the evening. I don't really know why I don't like it - he doesn't really change when he's had a drink, I just know how I feel after I've had a few and always try to limit it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now