Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to think this is my best chance ever of having a thread in Classics?

(60 Posts)
MissingMooncup Tue 14-May-13 20:49:11

So, I run. Having given birth to 3 DC, I have a minor issue with wee coming out when I run. Discovered some time ago that the Mooncup, which I already thought was a fabulous device, could fix this problem.

Tonight I was in a bit of a rush getting ready (in fact, got changed in loos of local soft play centre). Put Mooncup in, got dressed, went running. While running thought things down there felt a little... odd. Wondered if perhaps it hadn't unfolded properly or summat.

Got home, tried to remove the bugger. Couldn't find it! Was literally rummaging around for it. Thought for a few minutes it might have vanished into the Pouch of Douglas (yes, I have been here that long). After much 'bearing down' and contorting got hold of the edge of it and whipped it out.

Had put the damn thing in upside-down shock

Moral of the story: engage brain when inserting Mooncup. Please share any similar fanjo-related mishaps to make me feel less stupid.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 14-May-13 20:50:42

Hang on just a cotton-picking minute...

How can a device which goes up your fanjo stop wee coming out of your front-front bottom?

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 14-May-13 20:51:17

You didn't stick it up your urethra, did you? shock

HollyBerryBush Tue 14-May-13 20:51:22

I don't urinate from my vagina.

RememberingMyPFEs Tue 14-May-13 20:52:11

What Jamie said! It's the wrong hole honey!

olivertheoctopus Tue 14-May-13 20:52:19

See that gives me the creeps. The prospect of having to fish around inside for it is precisely why I haven't dared try one yet!

mamageekchic Tue 14-May-13 20:52:39

you do know that wee doesn't come out your vagina don't you?!?! You're right, this could end up in classics...

Choccybaby Tue 14-May-13 20:53:30

Probably supports the pelvic floor a bit or holds a small prolapse up?

RainbowsFriend Tue 14-May-13 20:53:42

Maybe the pressure it exerts on the sides of the vagina walls helps the urethra to stay closed somehow? confused

AtYourCervix Tue 14-May-13 20:54:01

Saggy vadge walls means the mooncup rim squashes the wee tube.

This makes it hard to wee when mooncup is in. <<voice of experience>>

Clouds and silver linings.

I'm not tempted to try and run though.

Softlysoftly Tue 14-May-13 20:54:09

Is it shoring up Get pelvic floor or something? <<not medically trained>>

Binkyridesagain Tue 14-May-13 20:54:14

Have I been peeing out of the wrong hole all these years? Wee out of your vagina? I think you maybe need to look at a biology text book.

McNewPants2013 Tue 14-May-13 20:54:15

I would see a doctor if urine is coming from your vagina

lougle Tue 14-May-13 20:54:41

Oh my. Upside down mooncups are the least of your issues.

Softlysoftly Tue 14-May-13 20:54:49

X posts

AtYourCervix Tue 14-May-13 20:55:05

No idea how you managed to shove it in upside down though.
Fraek.

MissingMooncup Tue 14-May-13 20:55:26

Don't worry, after 3DC I do have some idea of the biology! grin The mooncup puts a teeny amount of pressure on the urethra from the inside, stops it leaking. Dunno exactly how/why but found the tip on a running website and it sure works!

apostropheuse Tue 14-May-13 20:56:18

How on earth does a mooncup, which presumably goes into the vagina, stop you from peeing yourself when you're running? confused

apostropheuse Tue 14-May-13 20:57:10

ox x-post, sorry!

QOD Tue 14-May-13 20:57:35

When I knew where my moon cup was, it stopped me wee'ing when it was in too.

I don't know where my moon cup is .sad But now I'm wondering if it's in my moo moo as I have started running too and I'm not urinalllllly incontinent

MissingMooncup Tue 14-May-13 20:59:38

See there was I thinking you would all be much more shock about the upside-down thing! For all those much more bothered about the wee thing, here's a link to a thread on Runners World about it... www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/health--injury/wee-problems---calling-all-ladies-contrelle/139031.html

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 14-May-13 21:00:11

Am slightly disturbed and amused at the phrase "shoring up" in relation to
pelvic floors. Sadly true

schoolgovernor Tue 14-May-13 21:00:34

Sorry but - hooray - 20 posts in and already we have a lost Mooncup!
I hope you find it QOD. MN will want to know how of course. blush

JamieandtheMagicTorch Tue 14-May-13 21:00:40

Yet another reason Not To Run. Unnatural, IMO

McNewPants2013 Tue 14-May-13 21:02:04

wonders when someone will ask what one is lol

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now