Talk

Advanced search

To ask you to watch the lovely and wonderful...

(22 Posts)
NicholasTeakozy Sun 12-May-13 21:30:41

Riven talk to The Artist Taxi Driver? I know Riven used to post on here, I have no idea whether she still does, but she's a loving mum who was fed bullshit directly from Camerwrong and is suffering because of it. As so many are.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Sun 12-May-13 21:39:00

I would have like to see that as I remember RIven very well but sadly my ears can't take the horrendous voice of the taxi driver!!

IvorHughJarse Sun 12-May-13 22:20:50

I remember Riven, what bullshit was she fed? I can't watch the link I have no speakers

WorraLiberty Sun 12-May-13 22:33:38

I tried but honestly I couldn't take any more of the shouty taxi driver. He's so loud and she's so quiet, you can't even turn the volume down or you don't get to hear her.

MrsTerryPratchett Mon 13-May-13 04:48:35

Shame, I very rarely clink videos and this one I did (because I remember Riven) but the sound is shocking. I can't hear her, even when he is blasting from the speakers.

NicholasTeakozy Mon 13-May-13 08:03:15

Apparently she was assured there would be no cuts to disabled services. That accessories and supplies would not be rationed, that disabled people would not be demonised and marginalised. Obviously Camoron has kept every single one of those promises like the good guy he is.

I totally understand that Mark is a bit strident for some.

LaundryLegoLunch Mon 13-May-13 08:12:25

It is unwatchable and that driver comes across as an idiot.

AKissIsNotAContract Mon 13-May-13 08:16:25

I watched it all. There was nothing wrong with the sound for me.

landofsoapandglory Mon 13-May-13 08:34:39

I watched it all as well.

She was lying about the mobility scooter. When you are diasbled you don't have to buy your own, nor do you have to buy your own wheelchair. You have the choice to use the mobility component of your DLA for your own purpose, or you can rent a mobility scooter from £11 a week, or you can use it for a car. I was given my wheelchair by my OT.

Dawndonna Mon 13-May-13 08:37:15

Well lucky you landofsoap Do just come on here and accuse someone you do not know of lying.
I had to buy my dds wheelchair. Once she hit 16 the nhs no longer provided. Her mobility allowance goes on the car. Going to call me a liar?
You have no idea about the finances of another, and it's actually a) none of your fucking business how the money is spent and b) nobody has to justify it to you.
angry

landofsoapandglory Mon 13-May-13 08:45:23

No Dawndonna, but she specifically said "you have to buy your own mobility scooter" which is factually incorrect, no?

Dawndonna Mon 13-May-13 08:48:21

There are some circumstances whereby you do have to. As I said, you don't come on and call someone a liar unless you are completely aware of their circumstances. It was rude and ill considered, no?

MsIngaFewmarbles Mon 13-May-13 08:49:03

Well I know that for Riven a car is a necessity as you cannot get both hers and DDs chairs onto a bus at once to therefore she had to pay for the powerchair herself. Not a lie at all hmm

starfish71 Mon 13-May-13 08:49:50

My father in law, completely immobile, 87, full care, has to be hoisted etc was told he could have a wheelchair but the waiting list was near to two years.

Of course people end up buying their own mobility aids.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Mon 13-May-13 08:53:18

Landofsoap why don't you fuck the fuck off and be rude about someone else?? Riven is a well known and VERY amazing woman and people on here won't take kindly to shitty statements like that.

landofsoapandglory Mon 13-May-13 08:58:58

Yes people end up buying their own mobility aids of course they do. But the point I am making is when you are in receipt of DLA you do not have to buy your own power chair like she said in the video.

MsIng, she could have used her DD's DLA for the car and her's for the chair, but that is by the by, and nothing to do with me because it is not about personal circumstances.

What annoyed me was she said "when you are disabled you have to buy your own mobility scooter" and even said something about having to save up your DLA. That is not true.

I hate this Government as much as the next person for what they are doing to disabled people, bit if you're going to complain, make videos to put all over the Internet to get people on side, then IMO you should at least get your bloody facts right to start with!

Dawndonna Mon 13-May-13 09:04:59

How do you know she gets DLA?
I had to go to appeal for my dhs. Took nine months.
Some people do have to save up. There are chairs that are not available through the scheme and not available on finance. Consider yourself lucky to have got yours through your OT, trust me, it's a very rare occurance.
For fucks sake, just have the good grace to behave like an adult, back down and apologise.

MsIngaFewmarbles Mon 13-May-13 09:08:55

I give up. I have just finished a night shift and can't be bothered with this crap. Someone else please carry on.

kelda Mon 13-May-13 09:20:16

Riven comes across very well. I believe her when she says that she did have to buy her own mobility scooter.

I've never heard of the interviewer, but he is very shouty and makes the interview difficult to listen to.

peggyblackett Mon 13-May-13 09:26:53

I believe Riven when she says that she had to buy her own scooter. It's the same as us having to put down a substantial payment on our mobility car, as the car that we could get on the mobility scheme wouldn't fit all of our dcs in.

It's a shame the taxi driver is so ranty. He loses something from his argument with all the shoutiness.

ParsingFancy Mon 13-May-13 09:33:30

landofsoapandglory can you tell me more about not having to buy your own powerchair or mobility scooter?

Because I get higher rate mobility DLA and would love a powerchair or mobility scooter. I have actually just asked a family member if they could get me a second hand one as a present.

ParsingFancy Mon 13-May-13 09:36:28

Btw, I've been getting DLA for years, and have never been offered any kind of wheelchair or scooter. I did indeed buy my manual wheelchair out of DLA.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: