Talk

Advanced search

To be peeved with dh's double standards?

(16 Posts)
Daisydoomoo Sat 11-May-13 22:33:16

My dh is on a stag do in london. He has been out since 9.30 this morning and I've discovered that they've gone to a strip club.

It's a full nudity club, where no private dances, but even so. I went on a hen do earlier this year and dh kept moaning about the girls possibly going to see strippers. (Which we didn't.)

So why the double standards???

StuntGirl Sat 11-May-13 22:35:59

Because he's a twat. Sorry.

OddSockMonster Sat 11-May-13 22:36:37

Because he's being an arse.

WorraLiberty Sat 11-May-13 22:37:29

If he knew you weren't going to see strippers, why did he moan about the possibility?

happyAvocado Sat 11-May-13 22:40:03

because he assumed you wouldn't find out

LemonPeculiarJones Sat 11-May-13 22:40:22

Yeah, because he's a prick.

Daisydoomoo Sat 11-May-13 22:41:40

Because he thinks women go wild, blah blah blah.

When I spoke to him a couple of hours ago, he did the "well I couldn't be the only one not to go" story.

WorraLiberty Sat 11-May-13 22:43:46

No I mean, did you know you were definitely not going to end up with strippers being present on the hen night?

Boys2mam Sat 11-May-13 22:44:47

At a guess, its because the rest of the stag group were going and his logical brain didn't engage and think "hang on, I best not 'cos I wouldn't like it if DP was going".

Not necessarily malicious but double standards all the same.

Is he considerate the rest of the time?

Daisydoomoo Sat 11-May-13 22:47:22

No, it was never on the hen do agenda, it was all in his head.

Probably judging us by their stag do standards!

TigOldBitties Sat 11-May-13 22:50:35

He probably didn't think about what he'd said previously, and I sort of see his point about not being the only one going.

I'd want an apology when you next see him and the confirmation that in the future there will be no issues if you want to go anywhere with the slightest possibility of strippers.

OwlinaTree Sun 12-May-13 10:55:59

I have no problem with strip clubs myself, my dh been on various stag nights.

When he gets home you could have a chat about him trusting you to go to see strippers, same as you have trusted him, when it is part of the evening.

Don't get mad! Keep the high ground!

AThingInYourLife Sun 12-May-13 10:58:59

"he did the "well I couldn't be the only one not to go" story."

hmm

I think you need to take a look at yourself in all of this.

It's not actually legal to marry a 12 year old, as you appear to have done.

TidyDancer Sun 12-May-13 11:58:09

I wouldn't have a problem with DP going to a strip club n a stag do, but I would absolutely have a problem with him having double standards like this.

That said, when he was on about the strip clubs, was it actually a case of him not wanting you to go, or just general moaning?

DionFortune Sun 12-May-13 14:39:34

I wouldn't be with a man who thought it acceptable to do that, full stop. Massive dealbreaker.

Iggi101 Sun 12-May-13 14:50:18

My dh has several times been "the only one not to go" while friends went in to lap dancing clubs. They haven't disowned him, and I've had nothing to be angry about. Win win.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now