Talk

Advanced search

to think that if it aint broke, don't fix it is a great rule (TES website, looking at you)

(19 Posts)
kim147 Sat 11-May-13 13:53:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClayDavis Sat 11-May-13 14:00:08

YANBU. It's horrible. It was much easier to navigate before. Why would you remove the info telling you when the last post was? That's usually how I know I've read the last post on that thread.

kim147 Sat 11-May-13 14:10:37

MiaowTheCat Sat 11-May-13 14:57:39

Oh fucking hell - I thought they couldn't break it more than the last redesign - they've just proved me wrong. That's awful - and hey - what we really need are MORE subforums and groups and whatever else spreading things even thinner.

INeedThatForkOff Sat 11-May-13 15:35:55

I recently revisited it, not having posted since 2005. Couldn't make head nor tail of it. MN has spoiled me for other forums.

ClayDavis Sat 11-May-13 16:03:43

You used to be able to get from the Early Years forum to Primary with just one click. Now you have to navigate a series of menus and other pages. That's not at all helpful to people posting on both forums.

twinkle1010 Sat 11-May-13 16:13:42

Your right its awful!! Cant find anything anymore. They will probably end up changing it back

echt Sat 11-May-13 16:18:29

God it's shocking, isn't it? I hate the way you now have to remember what sub-group a topic is in, then search for it instead of having them down the side. The bit that now has a big empty space, probably waiting for all the ads.

TheBigJessie Sat 11-May-13 16:19:43

Completely agree with you. It looks awful.

Moonstorm Sat 11-May-13 16:21:10

They did that before. Everyone complained and they slowly went back to how it was.... Have they done it again? You'd think they'd learn.

iago Sat 11-May-13 16:23:37

I can't get on to it now - Run time error or some thing - but I saw it the first time I clicked. Didn't like what I saw!

SuffolkNWhat Sat 11-May-13 16:30:19

Salmotrutta Sat 11-May-13 16:33:43

It's dreadful!

I couldn't even figure out how to "join" a thread asking for feedback on it to say how dreadful it was!

Rubbish.

iago Sat 11-May-13 16:36:23

After I logged in, I have been effectively locked out.

b4bunnies Sat 11-May-13 16:46:27

TES new website is horrible and i am even less likely to use it than i was before.

ModernToss Sat 11-May-13 16:51:30

They are doing this to Facebook Scrabble. (It's the only thing on Facebook I ever use.) I've seen the new 'improved' version, and it's awful.

They also keep 'improving' gmail, and every revamp makes it worse.

MiaowTheCat Sat 11-May-13 16:54:20

Says something when people have come over here to complain about how hard it is to use over there... considering that the average forum gets full of its own users bitching when they're redesigned - and that one is now SOOOOO hard to use that people have gone elsewhere to complain about the redesign!

HalfSpamHalfBrisket Sat 11-May-13 17:00:50

Oooh that's horrid - just took me 5 minutes to even find Early Years. Nasty layout.

wherearemysocka Sat 11-May-13 17:17:07

Oh God, it's horrible! More information than I'd ever have need for and a really complicated layout. I blame Michael Gove. He must have had a hand in this somewhere....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now