Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to enjoy night out with girls rather than night out with DH?

(9 Posts)
Avondale Sat 11-May-13 00:46:50

Wee bit of background: just in from night out in pub with girls (and obvs drink has been taken!) but AIBU that I prefer to do this than go out with DH? Got 3 very young DC so babysitters are very rare but just prefer to go out with girls. Is this normal?!

AgentZigzag Sat 11-May-13 00:49:29

Why is it you're not keen on going out with your DH?

Is it the group thing you prefer rather than just sitting in the pub with your DH in the same way you'd be sat at home with him?

Avondale Sat 11-May-13 01:04:33

Hmm, maybe that is it. I'm SAHM but used to work in sales so very busy, noisy environment.

PaWithABra Sat 11-May-13 01:08:36

sounds fair enough to me...

hopkinette Sat 11-May-13 01:09:29

Good question!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Different strokes for different folks maybe???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Bogeyface Sat 11-May-13 01:12:57

I know exactly what you mean. If you go out together then you can end up talking about the same stuff as if you'd stayed at home and then you end up thinking "We could have got a bottle of wine, stayed in and saved ourselves £40" grin

Thats why when we had "dates" we made a point of going out to dinner in places we had never taken the kids, or (our favourite) going to places where the people watching was worth the money we were spending! It did mean that sometimes we ended up in some right skanky holes, but to be honest, the mankier the place the more fun we had!

Avondale Sat 11-May-13 01:27:00

Ha ha Bogeyface! Your date nights sound like just the thing we would love!

Bogeyface Sat 11-May-13 01:31:44

They were fantastic! You pick the place your inner "classy bird" would choose to go and then go down at least 3 levels from that! Retro (I think) is a chain club/disco/pub and in our town is known as where the young lads and the 40+ divorcees women go to get laid (I will be joining them soon!) and people watching there is worth the outrageous price you pay for a bottle of warm beer grin

Bogeyface Sat 11-May-13 01:34:21

I should add that the trick is to never do it too often, otherwise you end up being watched yourselves!

You need 1 date night a month (if you can, worth the money so that you keep your relationship going, Sitters.co.uk are good) with 1 month being a posh dress up dinner, one month being a pub quiz or similarly casual and one month people watching.

On a serious note, losing touch with each other can be dangerous, worth the effort.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now