Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to not book a holiday, as it will be crap?

(96 Posts)
PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:14:09

I really fancy a holiday in the sun this year, nowhere far away, maybe drive over to France and get a nice cottage somewhere just for a change of scenery. Although, whenever I think about it, I just know it will be boring as sin and event-less, DH is terribly boring IMO he doesn't drink (I don't want him to get slaughtered, but to join me in the glass of the local vino would be nice occassionaly), he doesn't like long lunches, he doesn't like sitting in the sun for any length of time, he doesn't like going into local cities as it 'may' involve shopping, he doesn't really read, so he wont sit and relax. He won't go to a beach, and he won't go swimming!

Maybe we just have very different ideas of what a holiday is. Normally, we bring out dog on holiday and his day involves around walking her, which is fine and I enjoy that and love looking at different scenery, but I want to go and relax and do different things from at home.

Plus I would need to organise every single aspect of it, all on my own! Which always puts me off!

What do you do on holiday that's fun?

Anyone want to take me away with them? grin

specialsubject Fri 10-May-13 18:16:26

no. Not if you dismiss those who don't like booze, sunbathing or shopping as 'boring'.

why is he married to you?

PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:19:29

But special he doesn't offer anything else to do.

BentleyBelly Fri 10-May-13 18:19:43

Could you go on a girl holiday without him?

aderynlas Fri 10-May-13 18:20:31

Couldnt you book a holiday, go and each do whatever makes you both happy. Then get together late afternoon for a nice meal and a chat.

PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:21:47

I really fancy a nice family holiday, with our dd, I actually fancy camping somewhere nice, but he doesn't do camping!

Euphemia Fri 10-May-13 18:22:00

My DH isn't keen on holidays any more. DD and I go by ourselves and it's great! smile

Xmasbaby11 Fri 10-May-13 18:23:34

Does he like any kind of holiday? What kind of things do you like doing together at weekends/evenings?

PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:24:22

DD is only 2, it woudn't be much of a holiday on my own with her, I would need another holiday on my own to get over it! grin

Bowlersarm Fri 10-May-13 18:24:27

What would his idea of a holiday be?

AnyFucker Fri 10-May-13 18:24:29

If you insist on staying married to a boring skinflint like this, at least have your annual holiday with the girls instead of him

Or if you have kids, organise something with other families and don't invite the PO faced nobber

ENormaSnob Fri 10-May-13 18:25:29

How about taking the dog to a camping/caravan site?

You can piss about near the pool, he can walk the mutt.

PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:25:30

Thanks AF, I knew I could rely on you! wink

CoffeePleaseSir Fri 10-May-13 18:26:09

I agree with AF.

AF you do make me laugh grin

thebody Fri 10-May-13 18:26:23

Party! Apart from the dog walking what does float his boat?

Have to be honest here, he sounds a tad hard work!

PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:26:56

bowlers If I asked him now, he would say that he would plan loads to do etc, but in reality he cant think more than about 2 hours ahead at any point.

We wont be bringing the dog! I have told him that.

thebody Fri 10-May-13 18:26:57

Party! Apart from the dog walking what does float his boat?

Have to be honest here, he sounds a tad hard work!

Cakecrumbsinmybra Fri 10-May-13 18:27:26

Is there nothing he likes doing? Is he great at playing with the DC while you do fun holiday stuff?

If not, get a couple of friends together and leave him at home.

PartyFops Fri 10-May-13 18:28:16

We live in East Anglia and his idea of a holiday is in the next County! with the bloody dog! And us of course I think

Cakecrumbsinmybra Fri 10-May-13 18:28:31

Take DD to a festival with a bunch of friends!

travellingwilbury Fri 10-May-13 18:29:01

Do you have any friends who would go with you ? I would hate to have to organise a holiday the whole time knowing it would be a bit shite .

Half the joy of a holiday is the looking forward and planning .

What do you ever do together ? Apart from the obvious , I do.hope at least that bit is decent .

NoelHeadbands Fri 10-May-13 18:29:21

I take it he's really really good in bed grin

MaureenMLove Fri 10-May-13 18:30:04

What DOES he like then? Can't you meet each other half way on what you like to do?

DH and I do this every year! He has a hobby which takes him away all day, every day on holiday. I wave him off and then sit on a sun bed all day, like a pig in shit! DD does her thing and is content, we meet in the evenings and everyone is happy!

thebody Fri 10-May-13 18:31:05

Sorry I can't get over the no drinking, sunbathing and swimming.

Leave the bastard.

AnyFucker Fri 10-May-13 18:31:44

God, imagine if the sex was also crap with this life sucking vegetable ?

<gets into gear>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now