Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To tell Ex if he hasn't got the time then don't bother?

(7 Posts)
MissSG Fri 10-May-13 17:29:15

Ex hasn't seen DS for 3 weeks as he has been 'too busy' he sees him for 4 hours every week through choice.

There have been various times where Ex has told me (on the day of contact) that he is too hungover/busy to see DS.

He has said that he will see DS this week but only for an hour as he is busy for the rest of the day.

I have told him no because it takes me longer than that to get DS ready, he wants to see him early afternoon so that means losing a whole day, I have to drive there and back which takes 30 minutes so by the time I get back I would have to go out again soon after and he should want to make the time for DS.

AIBU to no?

Bobyan Fri 10-May-13 17:43:01

Why the hell are you doing the driving?

SmellsLikeTeenStrop Fri 10-May-13 17:43:54

Does your ex drive?

MissSG Fri 10-May-13 17:49:57

Ex doesn't own a car so I have to do the driving unfortunately.

corlan Fri 10-May-13 18:28:12

MissSG your Ex is having a laugh at you and your son's expense.

Grown ups who care about their children do not behave like this. You do not dump seeing your child because something better comes up.

He needs to commit to seeing his son at a regular time each week and sticking to that. If he can't do it, then he will have to fit in with seeing your DS when it is convenient for you, rather than you running around after him.

Finola1step Fri 10-May-13 18:29:26

He's taking the piss. Sorry.

Wibblypiglikesbananas Fri 10-May-13 18:31:25

Either organise proper contact through a solicitor or don't bother. What is your ex thinking, behaving like this? And you're enabling him to! It's not fair on your child for his father to pick and choose when he can be bothered to see his child. Or on you, come to that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now