Talk

Advanced search

to ask help me plan my divorce party.

(12 Posts)
wonderingsoul Fri 10-May-13 09:54:33

first off i best make it a AIBU. grin

its taken 4 years to get a divorce from my abusive ex husband. he is in another country and had refused to sign anything, i think it was partly because he didnt want to let the last bit of control he had over me, knowing how much i wanted it to be official. but i recenly got my absolute and i feel like i want to celebrate this.

some people have said its in bad taste, and i can understand that, divorce is a sad thing, no one wants to get divorced, but for me its an end of a chapter, a rather horrid one at that, and i feel i want to celebrate the new beginning.

my parents have agreed to have my two boys stay over theres next saturday, (first time in ages grin excited) and im having some friends over to mine for pre drinks and then going into town. i was really excited to beging with but now im panicking, iv only ever done kids partys... and i want to make this special so what can i do, how much drink do i get, what do i get.. games etc

thanks for reading :D

BookieMonster Fri 10-May-13 10:13:13

How about an anti wedding...
ideas
Or a theme like Butterfly (transformation), Survivor, Freedom.
More ideas here...

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 10-May-13 10:22:21

How about The Great Escape? grin

wonderingsoul Fri 10-May-13 10:23:20

ohh wow. i loved the second link. so many ideas!! i like the rock theme.

ToupOfRegDwight Fri 10-May-13 10:24:07

Pin the knob on the abusive pricks head instead of Pin the tail on the donkey?

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 10-May-13 10:24:45

Or a jail break, hehe!

Lots of wine and snacks and get them to wrap you up in paper chains so you can symbolically break free while someone cracks open a little of fizz grin Daft but fun!

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 10-May-13 10:25:14

Little = bottle, obvs

LemonPeculiarJones Fri 10-May-13 10:25:41

Piñata with his face on it?

tiredlateandup Fri 10-May-13 10:27:56

ooh I want to plan mine too! Except that my kids suggested it and want to join in and invite all the family hmm
to be fair they have no idea what it/they mean..!

Fakebook Fri 10-May-13 10:31:08

I don't think it's bad taste, but those party games are a bit ott, like obsessive and weird. Especially the games with pinning his face on and throwing darts and stuff. I would just go out and enjoy yourself, why give this man an ounce of thought for the day?

Ezza1 Fri 10-May-13 10:33:27

Its not in bad taste at all. The relief I felt when my divorce came through was overwhelming and I went out on a proper bender to celebrate.

When you finally feel you can breathe, lifes worth living imo smile
No advice on party themes as I am totally unimaginative but I wish you all the best.

wonderingsoul Fri 10-May-13 10:36:39

get them to wrap you up in paper chains so you can symbolically break free while someone cracks open a little of fizz Daft but fun!

ohhh that sound very daft, but equally fun.. but i dont think i have the confidence to do that.... maybe after iv had a few hmm

i love the idea of pin the dick on the dick wink i will print some pictures of when im at my mums. great idea!!!

tired yeaahh i had to re name mine to *beckys awesome party when i talked about it in front of the kids as i didnt want the kids to see me happy and celebrating in such a way. because after all they still had lost their loved dad. just didnt feel right. have you seen the cakes you can get? they are very cool.

im doing it on a budget so im finding cakes and doing my own.. i need to hunt down some barbie and kens to use for the toppers!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now