Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to intro myself to upstairs neighbour

(10 Posts)
missuswife Thu 09-May-13 18:08:33

I just moved into a new flat in a new town. I have an 11 week old dd and don't know anyone yet. Sometimes when I'm out on my balcony I can hear a baby crying from the upstairs flat. Would it be weird to go up there with my dd and introduce myself, on the off chance there's a SAHP who might like a cuppa one afternoon? Or would that be invasive? I probably wouldn't have considered it on London but this is a small town of 9,000 people.

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 18:10:41

I think it would be a really nice thing to do.

Wishiwasanheiress Thu 09-May-13 18:11:45

Do it smile

TeamEdward Thu 09-May-13 18:12:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

bedmonster Thu 09-May-13 18:12:47

Do it! I would have loved to have a flat neighbour like you rather than the miserable old baggage that avoided us for 3 years. It's nice to have a friendly face nearby and even if nothing comes of it, it's still a lovely thing to do. You might meet a friend for life, for a few years or not at all, but if it's the first, you'll be so glad you knocked smile

CheungFun Thu 09-May-13 18:12:47

Yes definitely! I live in a block of 6 flats and all the neighbours stop and chat if we see each other in the communal hallway/garden/ out and about. It makes life much nicer :-)

Lj8893 Thu 09-May-13 18:13:24

YANU, go for it! You may make a good friend out of it, or at least someone to say hello to!

BoundandRebound Thu 09-May-13 18:14:11

When we got home from hospital with DS a mad woman with a buggy knocked on the door and virtually yelled at my husband "I've had a baby"

DH for some reason invited her in and we became friends, partly cos I like slightly unhinged.

Turns out we shared a midwife who had told her that a lady down the road had also just had a first baby and maybe we should meet up

HollyBerryBush Thu 09-May-13 18:15:35

I would. Or perhaps coo-ee down from your balcony when you see her arriving/leaving?

Good neighbours are a godsend.

missuswife Thu 09-May-13 18:23:03

Thanks for the responses, maybe I will go up later. I know I'd like it someone did the same to me but thought they might think I was a weirdo with my ear to the ceiling, listening to them through the walls.

This baby business is nuts. It either full-on or nothing at all. Exhaustion then boredom. Mostly exhaustion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now