Talk

Advanced search

dh, is it me

(10 Posts)
superbagpuss Thu 09-May-13 17:55:02

this is my first, please don't flame me

I went to work today so dh got our DT 3.11 up , dressed, to nursery etc

I came home while they were eating dinner and saw one DT in a filthy tshirt, when I asked him what it was he said weetabix, so he has been in dirty clothes all day. I have managed to get it clean by using vanish and hand hand washing but surely dh should have changed him before he left the house?

normally he's pretty good, other then letting them chose their own clothes resulting in some odd colour schemes

this is relatively light hearted, I know its a small thing in the great scheme of life

exoticfruits Thu 09-May-13 18:00:06

If DH is in charge don't get involved. You wouldn't want him coming home and criticising you.

YoniRanger Thu 09-May-13 18:00:24

I hate that! DH will also happily let DD ruin clothes at meal times instead of using a bib or common sense.

I hate kids looking manky unnecessarily!

Pancakeflipper Thu 09-May-13 18:02:11

He was just saving you extra washing and ironing ( light hearted response - I know he does all the washing and ironing).

Tee2072 Thu 09-May-13 18:02:20

Kids get manky, that's life.

superbagpuss Thu 09-May-13 18:04:07

thanks for the reply, I didn't mention it to him actually, just took the top and washed it

I know kids get dirty but I like them to arrive at nursery clean grin.

ipswitch Thu 09-May-13 18:05:16

totally agree with exoticfruits

LEMisdisappointed Thu 09-May-13 18:05:23

My BIL and SIL are obsessed with their kids being spotlessly clean, they are always getting shouted at for daring to spill a morsel of food - My DD looks like an urchin child - lifes too short, just stick a bit of vanish on it. No one will have noticed at pre-school

LEMisdisappointed Thu 09-May-13 18:06:50

my moan about my ILs was not directed at you OP, i just accept now that if DP takes DD to school she will look like a street imp.

PlasticLentilWeaver Thu 09-May-13 18:21:41

Mine always get filthy at nursery, so I wouldn't bother changing and creating extra laundry just for that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now