Talk

Advanced search

To apologise again to the woman whose foot I accidentally trod on on the bus this morning

(14 Posts)
Hummuschocolate Wed 08-May-13 21:18:48

in North London. I tripped and trod on her foot as I was getting of the bus. I apologised twice but this apparently wasn't enough. I think its unlikely she was a mner but it is quite an mn area. So if she has stumbled across this, what a coincidence and I hope your day and your friend's day (who also looked a bit miserable) improved! grin

lionheart Wed 08-May-13 21:52:05

Why wasn't it enough?

Hummuschocolate Wed 08-May-13 22:07:31

She wasn't very happy, her exact words were 'Bloody hell! Can't you wait?'. Well I couldn't really wait as the door were about to open and I was walking towards them. Anyways hope her foot has survived smile

WorraLiberty Wed 08-May-13 23:52:38

I would have trodden on her other one if she didn't accept 2 apologies grin

What is an 'MN area' just out of interest?

squeakytoy Thu 09-May-13 00:13:51

"What is an 'MN area' just out of interest?"

the mind boggles doesnt it... grin

NadiaWadia Thu 09-May-13 00:20:41

Lots of people wearing Boden, and naice ham shops? .....

MammaTJ Thu 09-May-13 00:27:41

Ooo, I want to move to an MN area. Even if I got trodden on, it would be worth it for all the luffly scarves and naice ham at play dates.

<disclaimer, does not do play dates, does meet ups with my friends and the DC tag along if they are lucky>

Icelollycraving Thu 09-May-13 00:29:57

Bet it was Crouch End.

raisah Thu 09-May-13 01:17:22

Or Hampstead/Belsize park with lots of kids called Persepone & Dante...!

MamaMumra Thu 09-May-13 09:38:09

I thought of crouch end straight away owing to crappy tube links and more buses. Also I trod on someone's foot once in crouch end, so I bet that's the mn area smile

NKffffffffabeee2d7X127640abcce Thu 09-May-13 12:13:54

I live in a dodgy bit of east London known mainly for high levels of gang membership and lack of 'Olympic effect'. Yet at play group there is a Persephone. (My DH, bless him, took DD1 to the group when on paternity leave, and addressed the child as Pomegranate - he "knew it was something like that"). It goes to show you never can tell.

Hummuschocolate Thu 09-May-13 19:09:14

Theres a White Stuff, a Sweaty Betty, a Whistles, various nice independent clothes shops, children with orange blazers and the charity are very nice. Not Crouch end but almost.

Roshbegosh Thu 09-May-13 19:13:25

Muswell Hill, of course

Hummuschocolate Thu 09-May-13 19:16:10

*the charity shops are very nice

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now