Talk

Advanced search

or do you just apologise for a quiet life.

(29 Posts)
AgroomOfOnesOwn Wed 08-May-13 21:04:56

A few of us started up a volunteer run project. We fell quite naturally into roles but the leader seemed to find it hard to relinquish control. At a meeting she got quite drunk picked a fight and then when hung over the next day sent me some pretty aggressive emails.

Not sure what the others were told but I was then taken off the email list, left off the projects and effectively dismissed.

This weekend as a favour I took a lot of photos. The 'leader' has got wind and wants to use them.

Do I ...
a) apologise for I know not for just being quite good at copy/web design
b) give her the photos
c) say nothing
d) tell her to shove it up her arse

I'm counting votes and listening.....

CookieLady Wed 08-May-13 21:07:27

What was she aggressive about?

deleted203 Wed 08-May-13 21:07:51

I am of the 'shove it up your arse' persuasion, personally.

And I'm not one to suffer in silence. I'd be saying, 'Actually, in view of your obnoxious drunken behaviour and bullying unpleasant emails when hung over, you've got a fucking nerve, love, to even approach me! Now fuck off to the far side of fuck - and when you get there fuck off some more....

(I am noted for my people skills grin)

sarahseashell Wed 08-May-13 21:08:17

I'd do c) and don't engage with her at all unless she expressly asks you, at which point you can ask for an apology for her rude behaviour wink

messybedhead Wed 08-May-13 21:22:01

Definitely d.

andubelievedthat Wed 08-May-13 21:26:47

What Sowornout said ,with a double double helping of "fuck right off !"

fryingpantoface Wed 08-May-13 21:28:07

Same as sowhat but then I'm not known for my people skills...

HollyBerryBush Wed 08-May-13 21:28:23

The 'leader' has got wind and wants to use them.

how do you know this if you have been struck from the email list?

Jengnr Wed 08-May-13 21:28:24

C is the sensible answer but sowornout has nailed it really.

fritteringtwit Wed 08-May-13 21:29:01

I'd do what sowornout says.

Let her take her own sodding photos.

CookieLady Wed 08-May-13 21:30:09

If you've been left off projects why did you agree to take photos for them?

Wuldric Wed 08-May-13 21:31:20

(a) Unquestionably (a)

It always pours oil over troubled water - works a treat - you might find out that she apologises right back and you make friends smile

Even if she doesn't apologise back, you can look down on her from your moral highground and feel secretly virtuous

picnicbasketcase Wed 08-May-13 21:31:37

Hell no, she'd be getting no photos from me. Bloody rude moo.

TigOldBitties Wed 08-May-13 21:36:29

I'd confront her, but then I'm very confrontational blush

Whats this project? Its something you volunteered for so something you want to support or care about? Will it suffer without your photos?

I wouldn't let her have the photos until the air was cleared but I don't think I'd immediately tell her to shove it up her arse if the photos could benefit something I value.

SacreBlue Wed 08-May-13 21:38:15

Getting drunk at a meeting shock why wasn't she booted out (or at minimum reprimanded by the group?)

On the photos -

Who was the 'favour' for?
What does the 'leader' so imagining female Kim Jong-il want them for?
Would you want to 'come back on board' via offering use?
Would you trust them to credit you as photographer?

Sorry if x post but wanted to think what info I would be thinking of if 'twere me!

OnTheNingNangNong Wed 08-May-13 21:39:47

Another vote for the sowornout solution.

maddening Wed 08-May-13 21:46:45

What are you going to apologise for?

Minshu Wed 08-May-13 22:07:41

I'd probably do c, until she came to me directly, then try to find out what the problem was. My conflict resolution style is withdrawal - I don't like confrontation and choose not to engage with twats...

Has she asked you for the photos directly, or is this via other group members? How is your relationship with the other group members? What do they think of her?

Snazzynewyear Wed 08-May-13 22:11:41

I'd probably also do (c). But I think we need more info about why you took them as a favour, how leader has 'got wind' of this and how it has been communicated to you that she wants to use them. I would definitely want her to do me the courtesy of asking directly and of apologising for her previous emails.

BriansBrain Wed 08-May-13 22:12:43

How do you know she wants to use your hoots and how does she know you have taken them?

AgroomOfOnesOwn Wed 08-May-13 22:44:36

Well sowornout's careful phrasing has really cheered me up, thank you.

It's a project I think has great potential and I took the photos for a friend/volunteer who'd put a huge amount of work in but no one else had thought to document. After the event turned out they'd only a few camera phone specials hence the out of the blue request.

I'll sleep on it.

olivertheoctopus Wed 08-May-13 22:51:40

D!!!

ImperialBlether Wed 08-May-13 22:53:18

Whether you give her the photos or not, you really have to call her on the way she spoke to you. Who the hell does she think she is? She sounds as though she's used to people caving in - tackle her on it! And then come back and tell us how it went

quesadilla Wed 08-May-13 22:56:18

What I want to know is who decided she got to be the leader anyway? The other people in this group sound a bunch of total sheep. Hard to know exactly why she was aggressive with you if you won't give more details but it sounds like she is an entitled twat and I am a bit shocked no one challenged her on it...

Are you sure you want to be involved if they are all such wimps?

VerySmallSqueak Wed 08-May-13 23:01:13

I would tell her to shove it up her arse.

However if the photos will be of benefit to the project and your friends,I would probably then give them to them (even if they will go on to her) and just be pleased I'd made my point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now