Advanced search

To give up my social house as myself and the kids do not have a life where we live?

(17 Posts)
givemebackmylife Tue 07-May-13 19:48:56

We rent through housing, and we are unable to have a life here it has become a prison.

We have been asked to consider renting a house from the pil and live next door to them.

What do you think ?., I am running out of ideas.

ThePskettiIncident Tue 07-May-13 19:50:46

Is oils in a heartbeat. I'm stuck like you but have no other way of getting out except giving up my house and moving into my parents house 300 miles away.

I could have written your op.

Jump at it and grab it with both hands.

ChoudeBruxelles Tue 07-May-13 19:52:07

Providing you can afford it and it will make you happier move.

CloudsAndTrees Tue 07-May-13 19:52:21

Do you get on with the PIls?

If you can trust them and you get on ok with them, then it seems like a no brainer to take them up on the offer if none of you are happy and settled where you are.

givemebackmylife Tue 07-May-13 19:59:20

Yes they are lovely, and it would be agreed we would lay some ground rules down before we moved there.

CloudsAndTrees Tue 07-May-13 20:12:42

So what is it that's stopping you?

givemebackmylife Tue 07-May-13 20:16:12

My Dp does not want to go back to his parents he is worried it will all go wrong.

NatashaBee Tue 07-May-13 20:20:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BegoniaBampot Tue 07-May-13 20:26:05

If it's really that bad where you are - then yes, do it.

Floggingmolly Tue 07-May-13 20:30:40

Your present home is a prison. How much more wrong could it possibly get? Go.

WhereYouLeftIt Tue 07-May-13 20:31:25

"we are unable to have a life here it has become a prison."
What is stopping you from having a life? What needs to change? Can that be achieved without renting from the PILs, e.g. an exchange?

mrsjay Tue 07-May-13 20:33:43

do it if your area is shit then just move, or ask for an exchange to a better area ?

givemebackmylife Tue 07-May-13 20:36:57

We tried an exchange but kept being messed about, can not face it anymore just want to leave social housing altogether.

We have tried everything trust me, this at the moment means we could save more and I would be happier so would the children.

mrsjay Tue 07-May-13 20:39:01

is it your house or your area you are unhappy with, I live in a social housing estate and it is lovely is your horrible ? what is happening that it is making you feel a prisoner ? if your husband doesnt want to rent from his parents you could go private let but TBH i would want to be somewhere secure and probably not as expensive

givemebackmylife Tue 07-May-13 20:52:45

Mrs Jay I have pm you to explain the answer to your questions.

mrsjay Tue 07-May-13 21:03:53

I just got it you need to move

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Tue 07-May-13 21:04:53

What does your husband think will go wrong? Why does he think that?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: