Talk

Advanced search

to want a refund for a poor quality buggy

(8 Posts)
stretto Tue 07-May-13 11:26:41

Neither the retailer nor the manufacturer will agree to a refund.
3 months after I bought it for my toddler, the buggy had
a) bits of metal frame sticking through the fabric
b) a very weak brake

It has a very shallow seat so I have to have the foot support up to support my toddler. If the support isn't up, my toddler looks like she is going to fall through.

The manufacturer says this is why the frame is coming through the fabric. I say that it's a design fault - if a buggy is meant to take children up to 15kg, then a shallow seat is unlikely to be big enough.

What can I do? If it gets repaired, I think it will fall apart again in a few weeks. I also feel that the big name manufacturer shouldn't get away with this.

contact trading standards, sounds as if its not fit for purpose.

TalkUsernameYoudLike Tue 07-May-13 11:50:42

What my DP does is find out who the cheif exec/big boss is of the company, goes digging around on Google for any info on him and 99% of the time he finds a direct email for him. He then writes an email explaining the problem and how this has really inconvenienced him, and in no time at all he has an apology and a promise to refund.

From your post I'm assuming that you have only really dealt with crappy customer services, so do some digging and take it up a notch.

Also, if you do find an email address, make sure you highlight the fact that this buggy is dangerous and could cause injury.

Hope you get on okay!

Bibs123 Tue 07-May-13 11:50:50

What make was it so I don't buy one?

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 07-May-13 11:53:31

I do what talk advised and it usually works

TattyBoomBoom Tue 07-May-13 12:16:59

Are you on Twitter? I'd tweet about it using the shop and manufacturer's Twitter handles - almost always ensures a response as they won't want bad PR!

stretto Tue 07-May-13 13:07:33

Good thinking. I'm not on Twitter but will get in touch with the people at the top. I'm just trying to find an email address for them - it's surprisingly difficult.
I will update when I hear back, and name and shame the brand!

helenthemadex Tue 07-May-13 17:15:48

try facebook as well

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now