Talk

Advanced search

Reading my daughter's twitter

(23 Posts)
Ilovegeorgeclooney Tue 07-May-13 05:33:19

My daughter borrowed my phone on Friday, she left hers at a friends, and logged onto her twitter. She forgot to log out. So I have had a weekend of seeing her life, I have had great fun, she had lunch with friends at a bar when she was 'revising' so I cooked carbonara for supper knowing she had already had it for lunch! Should I tell her or just enjoy?

MammaTJ Tue 07-May-13 06:00:51

Just enjoy. How old is she though? That makes a difference to my proper answer.

onadifferentplanet Tue 07-May-13 07:02:26

My son showed me the Twitter of our neighbours son, an ongoing commentary on his wild weekend how drunk and wasted he was etc etc. Interesting as from our window you could see him at home in the garden with his parents having a very sedate family BBQ,! He does have form for this a couple of months back he was telling everyone he had got on the wrong train and was heading to London instead of home ,all very convincing had it not been for the fact my ds had been on the same train home that evening and seen him go home as normal!

exoticfruits Tue 07-May-13 07:10:30

Twitter is so boring I should think the only way to use it is to invent a new life to inject a bit of fun!

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 07:32:08

Join Twitter and follow her from your own account? Or even without following her, you can see her tweets.

usualsuspect Tue 07-May-13 07:36:39

I think you should stop reading it.

HollyBerryBush Tue 07-May-13 07:36:56

It's online stalking really - I don't get twitter at all. No where near enough character spaces for me to do a bit of spleen venting!

Having said that DS2 has over 30,000 followers and frequently trends (whatever that is) but he's a clever little sod and knows how to turn a quick buck

ellajayne Tue 07-May-13 07:42:30

How old is she?

You can see her tweets if you follow her and unless her tweets are private you can see them even if you don't. It may be fun but it is her personal life and you are snooping so admit to it and laugh it off like you've enjoyed having an insight into her life.

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 07:42:42

If you think Twitter is boring, you're doing it wrong.

bootsycollins Tue 07-May-13 07:43:55

differentplanet that's brilliant!. My dh overheard one of our ds's old school acquaintances lying to his mum and nan the other day "yeah I might be dj'ing at a festival this summer" he's got form for telling ridiculous fibs, it's hilarious I do love lying fantasists grin

Ilovegeorgeclooney Tue 07-May-13 09:09:18

She is 17 and I wasn't being serious! She already tells me far, far too much about her life. It was just the fact she came in 'exhausted' from all the work she had done when I knew she had been at the beach eating lunch! Having said that she has posted a screenshot of a text conversation we had on instagram in the past!

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 07-May-13 09:13:20

I wouldn't read it.

Mind you even if I did want to read my dd twitter I couldn't. Fort Knox is easier to hack.

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 09:32:37

You can read any twitter you want. That's the point of twitter.

exoticfruits Tue 07-May-13 09:39:10

If you think Twitter is boring, you're doing it wrong.

I must be-I have never found anything remotely interesting.

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 07-May-13 09:43:57

Yes tee but not specific tweets by specific people unless they use identifying words. You couldn't find me on unless you knew my twitter name though could you?

could you?

<narrows eyes>

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 10:25:05

No but I would bet if I knew your real name I could find your twitter.

Unless you used a completely fake name.

exoticfruits Tue 07-May-13 10:35:12

I make sure that my twitter name is completely anonymous- maybe that is why I fail.

Fuzzysnout Tue 07-May-13 10:36:35

Tee I think Twitter's boring - what am I doing wrong?

exoticfruits Tue 07-May-13 10:38:56

Even the most exciting person is boring in short sentences.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Tue 07-May-13 10:39:47

Another here who finds Twitter boring.

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 11:24:38

Twitter is a conversation. If you're bored, talk to someone. The key word here is social media.

So be social. @ people. Search for # tags for things that interest you and engage with others using the same # tag.

Come to Twitter tonight and use #MnLocal for a chat of MNetters and MN local Editors.

Tee2072 Tue 07-May-13 11:25:29

Sorry 8-9 tonight!

HousewifeFromHeaven Tue 07-May-13 13:18:23

I'll join in tonight. #maybe

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now