Talk

Advanced search

To fucking hate the bbc iplayer app.

(8 Posts)
SamuelWestsMistress Mon 06-May-13 21:13:24

I've just wasted half an hour of my life trying to work out how the FUCK you access parental controls on this useless app.

I remember doing it once before so that my son couldn't watch anything unsuitable. For some reason the pin I had on it has gone and now he can access anything he wants. I'm mega pissed off, I can't work out how he's done it or how to rectify it. I can't remember how I accessed it in the first place (I assumed once I had done it that was it) and I'm incredibly pissed off.

AIBU to think that parental control should be the most fucking obvious thing to be able to access on a TV on demand app?

Kasterborous Mon 06-May-13 21:18:57

If its the same as mine on the home page go on more on the bottom right then help, then type parental controls into the search box and it gives you options on how to set it up. Hth

SamuelWestsMistress Mon 06-May-13 21:23:22

It's on an iPad and I can see absolutely NOTHING that could be used for this. This is utterly disgraceful.

SamuelWestsMistress Mon 06-May-13 21:31:18

This is driving me mad. How can they get away with this?!

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Mon 06-May-13 21:37:34

From the BBC IPlayer website . (Cut and pasted)

Can I use Parental Guidance on my BBC iPlayer iPad?
If you can't remember your secret question or pin number then you will need to remove/uninstall the BBC iPlayer iPad app from your device. After removing, download the BBC iPlayer app from the Apple App Store and reinstall, this will reset your Parental Guidance settings

CSIJanner Mon 06-May-13 21:45:18

Goto BBC3, choose Russell Howard's good news (has parental advice warning) and click on the parental advice banner. That should bring up parental controls and the option to reset your pin and question.

SamuelWestsMistress Mon 06-May-13 21:51:32

Aaah great thanks. I've sorted it its ok! It was still on. I was testing I by using The Village which hasn't got a warning on it (which you might think it would!) and then I tried Casualty, that also has no warning on it (which you also might think it would!) Good old Russel Howard. He's more unsuitable than both of those programmes!

It seems its the BBC's choice of censorship that is to blame for the last hour of my life that I'm never going to be getting back!

Fuck this day. Just fuck it. I'm off to be.

DoJo Mon 06-May-13 22:01:01

"off to be" - sounds very zen...wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now