Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

... to NOT want to get in his darn jacuzzi! (lighthearted - and yet not)

(30 Posts)
fluffyraggies Mon 06-May-13 18:03:05

A few days ago DH received a text from his friend and work buddy joyfully announcing that he has bought a jacuzzi to put in his back garden. Basic style with no filters.

My heart sank immediately and my fears were all confirmed when we were invited over yesterday and told cheerfully (by text) to bring our cozzies as the jacuzzi was up and running.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo sad

Why, why do people think it's a nice idea to suddenly abandon normal social etiquette and expect you to bathe with them in a hot, swirly soupy mess? Especially in the middle of the afternoon! (ie: not even late at night and pissed after a glass of wine)

I managed to get out of it yesterday using faffy excuses. DH got in for a while. Said it was cramped, but ok.

My issues are three-fold and equal in strength -
1. It's just skanky. I'm not even keen on swimming pools.
2. I am shy about stripping off. I have really big boobs which are a bit 'in your face' when i'm in a cozzie blush and i struggle with this.
3. I have a deep sort of uncomfortable feeling about the situation which i can't quite define. To be honest I feel the friend may be perv'ing a bit. I feel awful saying that but it's true.

Before you all decide no.3 is because of no.2 ... hear this: i've thought about this and if it were my best friend and her DH, or our neighbours perhaps, who had bought a jacuzzi and wanted me and DH in it i'd still think no.1, and a bit of no.2, but no pervy worries.

So - what's the feelings out there on this? Do i keep making excuses? Do i be honest? I feel a real killjoy sitting out, and in all seriousness i can see that as summer goes on there's going to be invites for boozy evenings in the bloody jacuzzi - and i'll be like a spare prick at a wedding prude sat away on the lawn!

WWYD please?

ComtessedeFrouFrou Mon 06-May-13 18:05:59

I have never seen the attraction of them - somehow it's different on holiday with a load of strangers, but I do not want to take a bath with friends, thanks. Keep making excuses. If your DH doesn't know why, tell him and ask him to back you up or not push the issue.

Ugh. You have my sympathy.

LindyHemming Mon 06-May-13 18:06:07

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Scruffey Mon 06-May-13 18:06:58

Yanbu sounds grim. Just tell this "friend" you don't like jacuzzis. Plenty of people don't just because they get too hot.

HollyBerryBush Mon 06-May-13 18:07:00

No, no, and no again.

My mate has a hot tub and keeps thinking it would be nice girly evening to sit in it..... no it wouldn't, my wine would get wet!

I wouldn't feel comfortable, even if I still had a figure like Kate Moss

seesensepeople Mon 06-May-13 18:07:56

I think you should only do what you are comfortable with.

I have a jacuzzi but it is a no men rule - tends to get used more in the winter with me and DDs as it is great, especially in the snow. Other main use is Friday nights with my female friends - glass of bubbly in the bubbles followed by a curry (or similar).

It doesn't sound like your invitation is quite so relaxing!!!

crikeybill Mon 06-May-13 18:11:02

Yuk a hot bath of jizz. No thanks. Yanbu !!

DXBMermaid Mon 06-May-13 18:11:24

I can see where you are coming from. Just tell them you don't like water much and stay out.

We have a pool and lots of our friends love going in, but a few never will and that's okay. Slighty different as it's bigger so not so pervy.

It took me a while to get over myself and be okay being in my costume around my friends. I too have rather huge boobs and am far from skinny, but decided that if my friends are true friends they won't judge me.

iwasyoungonce Mon 06-May-13 18:12:59

Agree with Scruffey.

Just say you really don't like jacuzzis. Find them too hot/ feel faint/ frizzes your hair/ raises your blood pressure/ makes you feel nauseous. Anything. In fact, you don't even need to expand on "No thanks, I really don't like jacuzzis".

How could he argue with that? Just politely repeat until he shuts up.

pigletmania Mon 06-May-13 18:13:16

Don't just say its not for you.

VonHerrBurton Mon 06-May-13 18:15:31

Ugh, jacuzzis - they're so Spring Break and a bit juvenile to me, somehow. I last went in one under duress and on holiday a few years ago and after a few minutes it made me nauseous and too hot.

Just say 'no, sorry, I don't like jacuzzis' No further explanation required. You're a grown woman. You don't want to get in, you simply don't get in.

tigrou Mon 06-May-13 18:31:44

"No" is a complete sentance. Doesn't require anything else.

fluffyraggies Mon 06-May-13 18:45:10

Thank you MN.

Yes. It has seemed like such a big deal to me the last few days blush but i can see i don't need to let it be. Hopefully the novelty will wear off and just how many hot days do we have here in the uk anyway?! I can't see this guy wanting to do the whole proper 'patio heater/warm towels for everyone' stuff to accommodate weather changes. (crosses fingers)

I didn't want to offend anyone out there with their own jacuzzis/pools btw shock

It's each to their own of course. The afore mentioned best friend actually has been muttering about getting a jacuzzi. I know she'd keep it spotless though .....

I do get into my cozzie and into hotel pools on holiday. It seems more 'worth it' and ok somehow if it's hot and lovely and every tom dick and harry are wandering around in next to nothing grin

HollyBerryBush Mon 06-May-13 18:46:26

Hot days in the UK?

Hot enough for my mate to have Christmas Eve bash in her bubble pit - I have always declined

Tau Mon 06-May-13 19:10:22

fluffy - Hell, no, I wouldn't even consider it! shock Feeling nauseous at the idea alone.
I would just say no and make VERY sure that they know very well that There is no chance that I will ever do this.

UrbaneLandlord Mon 06-May-13 20:22:39

www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOJMV6i3bjM

mrsjay Mon 06-May-13 20:30:54

there was a thread the other week about a hot tub the op would rather stick pins in her eyes than go in it, I am not sure how it ended if she went it , ANYWAY I think they are rank and not a social activity OP yanbu dont do it ay you dont like them and wont be getting in them , or make him really uncomfy and say loudly OH IT IS THE TIME OF THE MONTH , grin

Cravingdairy Mon 06-May-13 20:34:44

'Do you think I'd better, with my fungal infection? Ooh, go on then.'

mrsjay Mon 06-May-13 20:37:21

Do you think I'd better, with my fungal infection? Ooh, go on then.'

HEAVE !

maddening Mon 06-May-13 20:44:42

Yanbu - big boobs really go crazy in a bubbly jacuzzi - if you're self conscious it would be worse.

Mine jiggle about and my swimming costume inflates.

Mandy2003 Mon 06-May-13 20:49:44

You beat me to it with the fungal infection comments! What about swapping between vurrucae and AF on every visit (longtime school PE avoider speaking!)

Does your DH know exactly how you feel?

HollyBerryBush Mon 06-May-13 20:53:00

Although, the devil in me would make me wear this:

www.modestkini.com/en/products/full-cover-swimsuits/240/1080

Oldraver Mon 06-May-13 20:54:48

I could only do a Jaccuzi that I no has been kept as clean as it can (my Dad used to be anal about keeping theirs clean, then I dont want to actually share it with another body

thenightsky Mon 06-May-13 20:56:59

I have really big boobs which are a bit 'in your face' when i'm in a cozzie That's why his skanky mate has invited you I bet!!!

Cheeky bastard.

HamletsSister Mon 06-May-13 20:57:44

Eczema. Jacuzzis really dry out your skin and make it difficult to get back under control. You have to put a lot of moisture on and it will mean that it makes the jacuzzi oily for others. You really are sorry, but it makes you itchy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now