Talk

Advanced search

To be p*ssed off with the man who parks his car..

(23 Posts)
Lilypad34 Sat 04-May-13 22:29:49

On our road every damn day and night when he doesn't live here?! He lives on the road down from us but seems he has decided his BMW is better parked on our road! I know we don't have allocated spaces and he is entitled to park where there is space. But, he parks so badly that the ones that do live here can't all get our cars on our road because of his parking!

I am so tempted to put a post it on his window 'park on your own road' there's room!

TidyDancer Sat 04-May-13 22:35:00

I understand the annoyance, but you can't stick his car when he's done nothing wrong.

When you say he parks badly, what do you mean?

TidyDancer Sat 04-May-13 22:35:13

stick sticker

SauvignonBlanche Sat 04-May-13 22:36:03

He's perfectly entitled to park on 'your road' but not to park badly.

ExitPursuedByABear Sat 04-May-13 22:37:01

I feel your pain. Slash his tyres.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Sat 04-May-13 22:37:24

I know he can park there if he wishes but this is one of the little things that would annoy the hell out if me!

He could park there to make people think he's not home should they pass his house. I had to do this temporarily when a stalker friend kept on checking up on me.

LRDtheFeministDragon Sat 04-May-13 22:38:21

Maybe if you spelt pissed instead of starring it out, your residual anger would find a better outlet?

If he's really parking on your road for no reason he's very, very odd. Maybe he can't find a space? Who knows.

LifeofPo Sat 04-May-13 22:39:51

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Lilypad34 Sat 04-May-13 22:41:55

I know he's entitled, when I say he parks badly, on our road you can park 7 cars but since he's started parking it's 5 because he parks at one end but parks it too far forward that there's not enough room behind him to park, whereas if he were to park further back everyone else would have enough space in front. Did that make any sense?!! blush

cozietoesie Sat 04-May-13 22:44:55

No one I've ever known parks anywhere but right in front of their own house (people seem to have lost the ability to walk) unless there's a very good reason. Direct your energies towards thinking what that might be.

smile

HollyBerryBush Sat 04-May-13 22:45:43

He pays road tax, he can park where he likes

LRDtheFeministDragon Sat 04-May-13 22:46:50

That is annoying, I know what you mean. It's lazy not to get back in and move up five feet.

I'd be more fed up with that than him parking on your road, TBH.

Viviennemary Sat 04-May-13 22:47:38

Ya so so so NBU. We had a neighbour for a few years who parked his car outisde our house every single day. In spite of the fact of having an ample driveway of his own and plenty of room to park outside his own house. GRRR grrr grrr. I was so pleased when they moved.

andubelievedthat Sat 04-May-13 22:49:13

It"s not your road .

Lilypad34 Sat 04-May-13 22:50:21

I don't care who parks where just have some bloody consideration for others!

MoonlightandRoses Sat 04-May-13 22:52:03

It may be that he genuinely hasn't realised the impact it makes - might be worth trying to pop out when he parks and ask if he'd mind parking to the end of the space so that additional cars can fit too. We've had a couple of neighbours like that and once the rationale was explained they were absolutely fine about it.

cookielove Sat 04-May-13 22:59:38

Lily i live in flats and have a designated car park that seriously no one can park in it drives me up the wall, not only are there now several large vans using the car park but there are loads of cars that don't hold the parking permit it is infuriating as not only do they not belong they park badly and take up loads of space, seriously bad parking a van the other day parked awkwardly over two spaces and infringed on half way into the third so taking up two extra spaces the only reason i can think he parked so shitly was laziness, as the spaces are clearly marked hmm

When i get home late from work and stuff it is incredibly annoying to see 7 spaces wasted because people can't park within the lines.

The other day i tried my car park -nothing, the other flat car park (which i can park in, but is on the other side of the road, for the other flats so not convenient) - nothing, and all the roads near to where i lived - nothing [grrrr] My husband came out to see what was taking so long, we had to wait in the car for some one to leave so i could park shock and its all because people won't park correctly. And rant over.

SO YANBU grin

Maxium12 Sat 04-May-13 23:14:46

YUNBU.

My neighbour often parks outside our house, even when outside his is free. He has a drive but I think he finds it difficult to get his 4x4 in and out.

I don't mind him doing this, as I don't own the space outside, but he parks so close to our drive it's very tight for us. Just a foot or so forward and all would be fine. He's well clear of his own, empty, drive.

It's careless and thoughtless, but probably not worth the confrontation.

SirChenjin Sat 04-May-13 23:18:20

YANBU - but why on earth doesn't he park it in his own street?! Aren't you curious?

Someone on another thread said that sun cream handprints on a car are impossible to remove

KatoPotato Sat 04-May-13 23:18:24

Maybe it's being targeted by the repo men? This is a common trick to 'hide' the car

SirChenjin Sat 04-May-13 23:23:16

Oooh that's got me thinking Kato - one of our neighbours hid his car for months after he was caught by a speed camera in a neighbouring authority. He got legal advice and apparently the police only have 6 months to come after you, so every time they came to the door he hid and he ignored letters. After 6 months the ticket was invalid. (His daughter is a friend of mine, he hid the car outside her house, they almost fell out over it). We're in Scotland though, don't know if the law is the same throughout the UK.

PigletJohn Sat 04-May-13 23:26:14

Park yours outside his.

HoneyDragon Sat 04-May-13 23:34:55

UABU to do this thread. Because now I want to know why he parks in your road.

Would you mind awfully asking him?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now