Talk

Advanced search

to have felt i looked suspicious on my own at the Nature Centre

(18 Posts)
SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 13:21:28

today whilst walking around amongst all the parents/teachers and children.

I went because i was bored.

I hope nobody thought i was a child snatcher

<paranoid>

RedPencils Fri 03-May-13 13:24:43

Did you have a pointy black hat and a large fishing net? If so YANBU

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 13:26:12

Oops! smile

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 13:26:54

The otters were interesting. The snakes were boring zzzz

LimitedEditionLady Fri 03-May-13 17:21:38

Did you have a wagon and horse and some lollipops and shout "come get your lollipops children!"
If you did,youre a bit weird.

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 17:24:23

Outed!!! :0

LimitedEditionLady Fri 03-May-13 18:30:04

So that was you!
It was me that issued the parking ticket for parking the wagon exceeding the bay.
Done your crime,pay the fine.

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 19:41:34

Lmao!!!

LimitedEditionLady Fri 03-May-13 22:34:38

Im not even a parking attendant.
I just get a kick out of it.

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 22:42:26

I was for NCP years aho. Fuckin shyte job!

missnevermind Fri 03-May-13 22:59:04

Was that at Pebble Mill Sole? Ihave never heard of another one.

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 23:02:14

Yeah that one, miss smile

LimitedEditionLady Fri 03-May-13 23:03:48

Its ok when i pretend though.i pretend to be a bin man too.i mix everyones bins up.causes a right kerfuffle.

SoleSource Fri 03-May-13 23:11:57

I fancy our bin men.

I pretend i am slim and sexy whilst driving my car with my music blaring.

I keep looking in the rear view mirror and posing

LimitedEditionLady Sat 04-May-13 08:53:00

Lol!

Goldmandra Sat 04-May-13 08:59:23

I used to go to that nature centre as a child (I think it was called a zoo then) and then almost every day with DD1 when she was a baby and a toddler. It is the best. The snake house in Harry Potter always makes me think of it.

I always wondered why the otters had such dirty water but I'm sure there's a good reason.

Do they still have hundreds of guinea pigs with all those little houses and shops for them to hide in? DD1 loved them.

Meerkatwhiskers Sat 04-May-13 09:08:42

We have a nature centre where I live down south on the edge of ashdown forest. They've just got meerkats. That makes me happy.

limitedperiodonly Sat 04-May-13 11:18:40

I've been to children zoos on my own OP. I love them. Kids never get the hang of it anyway. At the London Aquarium they have a tank where you can put your hand in the water and the rays swim up to be stroked. Children are so excited they scare them off. I had so many I felt like the Ray Whisperer.

I was on a work trip to Los Angeles and a PR invited me to the Universal theme park. I couldn't get anyone else to come with me so I went on my own and had to brazen out being taken to the head of every queue in front of outraged families.

I managed it pretty well because I'm a selfish cow, though I did feel a bit conspicuous on the ET flying bike experience which is aimed at under-10s grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now