Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be surprised that Tesco don't sell make-up first thing in the morning

(20 Posts)
ProudAS Fri 03-May-13 12:17:39

I popped into Tesco on the way to work to grab blusher and eyebrow pencil (don't usually wear make up but found out I need some for play I'm appearing in at weekend). The make-up cabinets were closed and staff told me that it doesn't go on sale till either 9am or 10am (they weren't sure which). I will be able to go back after work (when the place is busy) but it seems odd.

I would not have expected alcohol to be on sale first thing but was unaware of any licensing laws regarding make-up. Can anyone enlighten me?

freddiemisagreatshag Fri 03-May-13 12:19:03

It because so many people nick it. They need staff to oversee I'd have thought

Dahlialover Fri 03-May-13 12:20:05

Yes, I have noticed they lock the make-up up when I have been there late at night. Why?

(I remember when they used to put garden trellis over the alcohol on a Sunday, but that was licensing laws)

Perhaps it was something to do with security - small things like make up is easy to pocket if someone is less than honest

Snazzynewyear Fri 03-May-13 12:23:08

So are there fewer staff on before 10? Late at night / during the night I can understand but I would have thought it'd be busy with people like the OP pre-work so there would be more staff on.

Moominsarehippos Fri 03-May-13 12:24:57

I see... For the all night stop outs. Maybe they should sell knickers too. Perhaps it could be a 'pack' clean knickers, toothbrush and paste, comb, mascara and lippy, a squirt of perfume and some kind of bright scarf to disguise yesterday's shirt.

cozietoesie Fri 03-May-13 12:27:00

I think you have a marketing idea there Moomins!

grin

sassytheFIRST Fri 03-May-13 12:28:00

Lol at Walk of Shame Packs!

RedPencils Fri 03-May-13 12:28:10

I wondered about this as well. You'd think that first thing in the morning is prime time for make up.

ProudAS Fri 03-May-13 12:28:25

There were two members of staff in close proximity to it btw and the cabinet wasn't fully closed so if somebody wanted to nick it I'm sure they could have got their hands on it.

cozietoesie Fri 03-May-13 12:32:01

You could call it a 'Morning Pack' (thinking of the advertising here) and sell them for men and women. Just the thing for keeping in the car glove compartment or in a capacious bag.

Can we all still be friends with you Moomins when you've made your first million?

grin

ProudAS Fri 03-May-13 12:33:18

I don't mean that someone could have easily stolen it from in front of the staff - just that the cabinet would not have stopped them.

Moominsarehippos Fri 03-May-13 12:34:48

I'm considering the morning after pill too. Deffo undercarriage spray. Maye a his 'n hers duo pack?

I'm planning on taking it to market under the 'ya dirty bugger' brand.

cozietoesie Fri 03-May-13 12:35:50

grin

lurcherlover Fri 03-May-13 12:40:45

Yep it's because so much of it gets nicked. They have loads of cctv in the make-up section but even so it's easy to pocket a lipstick.

Dahlialover Fri 03-May-13 12:43:07

It is probably easier to nick when the shop is busy, and the cabinets are opened.

Moominsarehippos Fri 03-May-13 12:53:26

The price of cosmetics is staggering. One finger sized tube for £10-15!

fromparistoberlin Fri 03-May-13 12:53:35

that would really annoy me

valiumredhead Fri 03-May-13 14:23:23

Our Tesco just had its make up on display as normal whatever the time of day.

LimitedEditionLady Fri 03-May-13 14:57:10

yeah itll be because of theft,if i was a shop assistant id have just bloody opened it let you get what you wanted and just locked it again.jesus.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now