Talk

Advanced search

To think after being together 2 years you would have met their friends

(46 Posts)
SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Thu 02-May-13 22:08:09

Been with DP nearly 2 years and have met NONE of his friends yet he regularly sees them.

Aibu to think after nearly 2 years I'd have met his friends?

caroldecker Thu 02-May-13 22:13:24

he's not that into you

Pendipidy Thu 02-May-13 22:14:51

Why not? Have you asked? Don't they call round the house, you two round theirs?

Cherriesarelovely Thu 02-May-13 22:14:56

When you ask him why what does he say?

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Thu 02-May-13 22:16:04

I've asked and asked and asked.

Just get told oh it's lads only.

poodletip Thu 02-May-13 22:16:09

That's very odd! What's he hiding from you or them?

Dahlen Thu 02-May-13 22:16:12

Well unless you're going to drip feed that you live in different countries or something, that's just weird and not a good sign.

Gossipmonster Thu 02-May-13 22:16:27

He doesn't see you as long term IMO sad

Dahlen Thu 02-May-13 22:17:29

Hmm, sounds like a bit of a chauvinist to me. Lads/girls nights out are fine, but it's normal to arrange a mixed-sex get-together from time to time as well.

Cherriesarelovely Thu 02-May-13 22:18:12

How about his family? Have you met them? Has he met your friends?

Gossipmonster Thu 02-May-13 22:18:17

Or he has another women sad

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Thu 02-May-13 22:18:50

Met family - he's met mine

He's met most of my friends

WafflyVersatile Thu 02-May-13 22:20:02

Have you asked if none of his friends have girlfriends?

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Thu 02-May-13 22:21:03

Have asked and get told yeh. 1 even got married last year and I wasn't allowed to go

WorraLiberty Thu 02-May-13 22:21:05

Do you trust him?

I only ask because when I was a barmaid many years ago, one of the regulars never let his girlfriend meet his mates, because he was too afraid they'd let the cat out of the bag about the women he used to cop off with on the lad's nights out.

Have his friends met each other's girlfriends etc?

corlan Thu 02-May-13 22:21:44

Have you met any of his family?

If you have not met anyone that knows him well, I would say there is a very good chance he is hiding something (he's married, he's not who he says he is, he's a traffic warden - could be anything!)

Unfortunately, I speak from bitter experience. My XP told me a whole pack of lies about why I couldn't meet his family or friends - I later found out he'd done it to hide a lot of things about himself - including his real name and even his nationality!!

I think you should run like the wind.

scaevola Thu 02-May-13 22:23:46

Lads only? What do they do?

If it's geeky gaming, then it might be a mercy to be spared. But a bit odd never to see any of them for anything. (I'm assuming that as you've met family, you've not been duped into being an OW).

ImperialBlether Thu 02-May-13 22:24:10

I agree that someone who hides his partner from his friends is usually worried about what she might learn from them.

Why did you let him meet your friends when you couldn't meet his? Surely it's a two way thing?

ImperialBlether Thu 02-May-13 22:24:45

Just read about the wedding - OP, he's not that into you.

What's he like with you?

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Thu 02-May-13 22:26:32

With me everything is ok now - just been through a huge rough patch

Cherriesarelovely Thu 02-May-13 22:34:43

What happened with the wedding then? Did other people take their DPs? What was his explanation when you asked?

LessMissAbs Thu 02-May-13 22:38:02

Hmmn I was seeing a guy on and off for TWO YEARS. Got fed up with him and dumped him and only then did he announce in a fit of pique that he had had a "proper girlfriend" for THREE YEARS. I had met all of his friends and family, they were totally unaware of her - she lived in a different town 150 miles away. Apparently.

Why would you put up with that OP?

ImperialBlether Thu 02-May-13 22:40:51

Fuck him. He should be proud to be with you. Tell him to fuck off.

SaveWaterDrinkMalibu Thu 02-May-13 22:40:57

Re wedding - I asked and he said not sure ill ask my mate. Mate said yeh invite was for both (so clearly are aware of me). He then said I'd rather go alone as the others were (true I think as the pics that are on Facebook are of most of the friends without their partners)

CaptainSweatPants Thu 02-May-13 22:43:47

How old are you both ?

Are you planning on settling down with him?

If you get married you'll meet his mates grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now