Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to be stupidly excited about my birthday this year?

(4 Posts)
MamaBear17 Thu 02-May-13 20:11:14

In the 12 years we have been together, DH has forgotten my birthday completely twice. Usually, he either puts money in my card and hands it over whilst complaining that I am 'soooo difficult to buy for', or he demands I write a list and then chooses something from it.

However, this year I have a 'big' birthday coming up. After Christmas he secretly started saving a little bit of cash each month so that he could get me a nice gift. Then, about a month ago he started going out on secret shopping trips. For the first time ever, not even the in laws have asked me for a list of things I would like because DH has compiled a list of ideas of my behalf because he knows I love surprises. This evening when I got home from work my DD was shrieking with excitement because she had helped daddy wrap mummy's birthday presents. Im not sure what has gotten in to him this year, but I feel so blooming special and it is lovely!

FauxFox Thu 02-May-13 20:12:19

YANBU (i hope it's something you like though...)

mrsjay Thu 02-May-13 20:13:19

It sounds lovely and exciting is your birthday soon then ?

MamaBear17 Thu 02-May-13 20:14:17

Me too!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now