Talk

Advanced search

To sell a Kath Kidston bag that was kindly given to me?

(17 Posts)
cantpooinpeace Wed 01-May-13 21:04:47

That's it really, helped someone out a bit then they gave me a bag of theirs which I had admired previously. She gave it me to say thanks. I'm now selling it on eBay as have used it & no longer in love with it but feel slightly bad.
So MN jury - it's over to you....smile

SPsYoniTheOneAndOnly Wed 01-May-13 21:06:16

Kill it! Kill it with fire

HollyBerryBush Wed 01-May-13 21:06:26

if you want to sell your belongings, that's up to you

KirjavaTheCat Wed 01-May-13 21:06:43

Why keep something that isn't going to be used?

I'd feel better about passing it on for free depending on whether I was skint that month... But it's yours, you can do what you like with your own property smile

JambalayaCodfishPie Wed 01-May-13 21:06:52

If you've spelled it Kath Kidston on eBay, people will think its a fake.

VBisme Wed 01-May-13 21:07:18

How long have you had it? 6 months or more of regular use then it's absolutely fine. Less than that I'd be a bit hmm

Icelollycraving Wed 01-May-13 21:08:17

List it as Kath & you won't get much.

cantpooinpeace Wed 01-May-13 21:09:16

This is why I love MN, just changed title spelling! <fanks> grin

cantpooinpeace Wed 01-May-13 21:09:45

Had it for a year ��

mingtea Wed 01-May-13 21:24:16

YANBU, Cath Kidston stuff is boring...never understood the mass appeal for granny chic

LittleMissLucy Wed 01-May-13 21:26:42

Do it.
I like her stuff but when you walk into the shop its a bit overwhelming.

cantpooinpeace Wed 01-May-13 21:33:41

I know what you mean Lucy - total overstimulation! confused

Bridgetbidet Wed 01-May-13 21:34:06

Depends, if it's not going to make you that much money I would say that was fine. If it is somehow going to make you a lot more, say it's a rare limited edition, I would say you have a responsibility to tell the ex-owner and offer to split the profits at least.

I gave away a mac computer once that my parents had given to me and I had no use for. Not long after I found out that it had been a limited edition worth quite a bit of money and the friend I had given it to had sold it on for quite a bit of money. I was extremely hurt and he is now an ex-friend.

If he'd got £30 for it I wouldn't have given a shit so I'd go for it in that case. It's not like you've taken it and stuck it straight on Ebay either.

Loulybelle Wed 01-May-13 21:43:21

My friend loves Cath Kidston, i dont find it all that appealing.

Bearbehind Wed 01-May-13 21:56:33

bridgetbidet I can't see why you fell out with a friend over that, you say you wouldn't have cared if he had sold it for £30 but because it was worth a lot you were annoyed. That's not really fair IMO.

I can understand being annoyed at someone selling something you gave them but IMO if you hare happy for them to sell it, how much it makes is neither here nor there. It's your fault for not knowing it was limited.

LessMissAbs Wed 01-May-13 22:08:35

If it was a gift, I would tend to donate it to a charity shop, but its up to you.

You cannot be as bad as I was - I was given one for Christmas by my SIL. It was a hideous sick-inducing green floppy thing. I hadn't heard of Cath Kidston at the time (I'm more of a Gucci/Louis Vuitton girl), thought recognised it for the cheap tat it was a piece of cheap tat, and binned it. I wish I'd given it to a charity shop but I honestly thought it was worthless.

backforhelp Wed 01-May-13 22:23:57

If it has been over a year then it is probably fine. If you give something away then you generally shouldn't get upset over what happens to it after. Though I did once give a double buggy to someone at a toddler group who said she was in need of it due to her older child still not walking yet and then a week later she had listed it on ebay for £100. I never said anything but never spoke to that person again. I think if someone takes something like that with the intention of selling it on or takes advantage of the fact the gift giver does not know what it is worth then that is not nice at all. But it doesn't sound like the OP did this so I think if she is not using the bag then by all means ebay it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now