Talk

Advanced search

to be so knackered

(6 Posts)
ArabellaBeaumaris Wed 01-May-13 08:51:45

can't work out if I am a normal level of tiredness or if I should start taking iron supplements or something.

Two DC, one in Reception, one 19m old at home with me. DC1 sleeps through, DC2 generally either wakes once or gets up early (5am). I think I last had a lie-in in March. I just feel constantly exhausted, really drained. I have little enthusiasm for doing anything socially as I just want to go to bed. Friends who say they are tired & have disturbed nights seem to be able to still go out etc! I am starting to wonder if this tired-to-my-bones feeling is normal or if I should be coping better?

Illustrationaddict Wed 01-May-13 09:50:55

I think a trip to GP would be a good idea. It could be your iron levels, but an expert opinion would be useful. Hope you feel more energetic soon

Queenofknickers Wed 01-May-13 10:55:00

Could be your thyroid or anaemia - again simple blood test at GP. I'm trying a good old fashioned "tonic" at the moment called Floravital and I do feel a bit better I think but getting the tablets for thyroid made most difference thanks

freddiefrog Wed 01-May-13 11:01:36

I have an under achieving thyroid and tired to my bones is one of the signs my tablets need upping - the kind of tiredness when I'm asleep before my ass hits the mattress, although there are other symptoms - numbness and tingly fingers and toes and raging irritability coupled with the tiredness results in a trip to the GP

I do get times when I'm just so tired, I can't even speak properly and a good nights sleep soon sorts me out - a couple of weeks ago I went upstairs to run a bath at 7:30pm, laid down on my bed for 5 minutes and woke at 8am the following morning (DH was home)

freddiefrog Wed 01-May-13 11:02:20

Under achieving should say under active, although I suppose it's the same thing grin

Justforlaughs Wed 01-May-13 13:35:57

I get extremely tired for no apparent reason, but then after years of tests my (new) Gp discovered that my Ferratin (iron stores, different to to haemoglobin) were very low. Now I take iron tablets every day (that I remember grin) and when I do I feel so much better. Go to your GP. No point in struggling if a simple blood test could sort things out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now