Talk

Advanced search

Wibu to tattoo lines between a few moles?

(28 Posts)
ConfusedPixie Wed 01-May-13 08:50:17

Sounds ridiculous but I have a set of moles on my upper left arm that perfectly replicate the plough constellation, it's the first ine my dad showed me as a child so makes me smile any way. I jokingly said to DP that I should get dotted lines tattooed between the moles and he reckons I should actually do it. WIBU to actually full in the lines between my moles constellation? Would it look silly?

BuntyCollocks Wed 01-May-13 08:51:01

I think that sounds fab, but I do love ink smile

Mama1980 Wed 01-May-13 08:52:20

I have Cassiopeia on mine in the same way. I love it but then I love tattoos in general.

ConfusedPixie Wed 01-May-13 08:55:11

O, quick response, thanks! I love ink too but have none of my own yet!

MusicalEndorphins Wed 01-May-13 09:03:01

My ds1 connected all my brothers moles on his back with a pen, when my ds1 was about 18 months old and my db stayed overnight and left a pen out. Db woke up to ds sitting on his back drawing on him.
Anyways, if you do like tattoo's, it seems like a cute idea and a nice memory about your dad as well. smile

Wylye Wed 01-May-13 11:16:01

I think it's a lovely idea! Go for it.

I've seen a tattoo online where the woman had numbered dots tattooed on for a join-the-dots pic of a giraffe - she gave people a pen and let them join them up! grin

NoobytheWaspSlayer Wed 01-May-13 12:10:05

I have a kite and tail in join the dot moles on my right forearm. I let the kids join it up... note to self... not permanent marker next time!

ComposHat Wed 01-May-13 12:14:59

Try it with a pen first and see what it looks like.

I don't generally like tattoos, but this one sounds quite impressive.

KoreRenati Wed 01-May-13 12:16:37

Sounds lovely smile

SamuelWestsMistress Wed 01-May-13 12:17:37

OMG Confusedpixie...are we mole constellation twins?

SacreBlue Wed 01-May-13 12:18:46

Ditto Compos smile I have same and while I wouldn't get it tattooed (work reasons) I have drawn it on just to see what it would look like

Callisto Wed 01-May-13 12:19:02

DD is very proud of the fact that she has Orions Belt on one arm and The Plough on the other - I hadn't thought of permanently joining them but fab idea (not that I shall suggest it as DD is only 8yo).

aldiwhore Wed 01-May-13 12:25:29

I'd do some research about tattooing anywhere near moles first.

Otherwise I like the idea.

I have similar on my thigh.

I've also joined some of my moles up with biro before now (as a kid) and they made the perfect willy and balls! I wouldn't consider that as a tat though!

myfirstkitchen Wed 01-May-13 12:56:17

People will forever be asking you why you got random lines tattooed.

NeoMaxiZoomDweebie Wed 01-May-13 13:04:46

Get actual stars done...or tiny little flowers...it would be so pretty.

MansView Wed 01-May-13 13:15:47

what a fucking ridiculous idea... smile

or maybe get one done of uranus?

Startail Wed 01-May-13 13:20:59

With my user name I have to approve wink

ScarletLady02 Wed 01-May-13 13:25:17

I have my start sign (Libra) constellation in moles....but it's on my face so I won't be getting it tattooed

TheCraicDealer Wed 01-May-13 13:26:24

You could get it in white ink, that would be well cool.

piprabbit Wed 01-May-13 13:31:06

If you google constellation moles tattoo, there are loads of examples. I think you'll need to add tiny star symbols around each mole (if it's safe) to make it clear you haven't just been doodling with a biro.

bollockstoit Wed 01-May-13 13:31:22

Yes it would look silly (imo)

EhricLovesTeamQhuay Wed 01-May-13 13:46:17

It would look really silly

propertyNIGHTmareBEFOREXMAS Wed 01-May-13 14:59:20

It won't look as silly as this:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=worst+tattoos&client=safari&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rh6BUeSlH46T0QX0noGIDA&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=672#biv=i%7C28%3Bd%7CuQQQ8PJ3SbATMM%3A

ConfusedPixie Wed 01-May-13 15:00:35

Okay, last time I drew the lines between was a good few years ago. So I drew dotted lines and then got DP to draw full lines between pissing ourselves laughing at doing such childish things and in black it looks a bit much, but it looks okay now after I rubbed off the most of it with a baby wipe and it's faded.

samuel Possibly, don't know who Samuel West is though I'm afraid grin

Musical I have been very tempted to do that before grin I my wait a few months and do it to myself as I'm getting loads of new moles at the moment.

sacre work is the reason I've not gotten tattoos so far, but it's high enough up my arm that my t-shirts should cover it. The tattoo I want to get I won't get until I finish nannying as it'll be a wrist jobby most likely!

aldi Will look into that!

Neo: Not really sure that I like star shapes admittedly, everybody from school got loads of stars tattooed on them and they became a fad for a while which changes my opinion on them hmm

MrsJoeGargery Wed 01-May-13 17:05:45

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now