Talk

Advanced search

To tell you all how fucking ace my MIL is?

(48 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Tue 30-Apr-13 19:23:44

Dd2's birthday is due soon. I've had lots of unpaid time off work lately.

DH just realised he needs a new passport. We still have all the holiday to pay off....

Needless to say we were not happy when dd2 told us all she wants for her birthday is a Kindle Fire. We'd have found a way but it would have been a struggle.

Dd2 has been telling everyone that it is all she wants, so when MIL asked her what she wanted she told her she wanted a Kindle Fire or vouchers to buy one. MIL has only gone and bought her one shock She's even paid for three years accidental damage cover for us.

I luffs my MIL.

LimitedEditionLady Tue 30-Apr-13 19:39:57

I think thats the first MIL thread ive read thats positive!
I hope she reads it!

LegoAcupuncture Tue 30-Apr-13 19:41:03

How lovely of her. smile

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 30-Apr-13 19:43:36

Yanbu. How lovely of her your dd will be over the moon

diddl Tue 30-Apr-13 19:47:12

YABU.

Only stories of bad MILs are allowed on here!!

tiredemma Tue 30-Apr-13 19:47:46

My mil is the most amazing woman. I love her as much as i love my own mum. They are rare i believe!

Dawndonna Tue 30-Apr-13 19:51:47

That's fabulous.
I too have an amazing MiL. Not only will she do anything for dh and the dcs, she'd do it for me too. I luffs her much more than my mother who is, in the politest possible terms an absolute fucking crazed hellbitch! grin

EleanorFarjeon Tue 30-Apr-13 19:53:09

That's lovely.

I have a wonderful mil too.

CoffeeChocolateWine Tue 30-Apr-13 19:54:49

How refreshing to read a post bigging up the MIL! ANd how generous of her.

My MIL has just looked after DD (9 months) all day and done the pre-school run for my DS (4 years) so that I could do a day's work and earn a bit of cash. My MIL rocks too smile

whataboutbob Tue 30-Apr-13 19:58:55

As the mother of 2 sons (and no daughters) I find these positive posts about MILs absolutely wonderful!

thebody Tue 30-Apr-13 20:00:22

I had an amazing kind wonderful fun mil too op. lovely to hear.

RatherBeACyborg Tue 30-Apr-13 20:02:09

Aw, that's lovely.

Sadly, I never got to meet my MIL. FIL, however, is a star. Always willing to help and a godsend in my pnd days.

NotQuiteWithItAtAll Tue 30-Apr-13 20:02:33

Mine has just paid my deposit to go to reading festival Woooooo. Mines also awesome.

MummytoKatie Tue 30-Apr-13 20:04:02

I have a nice MIL. We are very very different and sometimes she annoys me (and I suspect I annoy her too) but she loves dh and dd very much and in the end that is all I care about.

ThedementedPenguin Tue 30-Apr-13 20:05:42

I had a bit of a bad patch with my MIL, got lots of help here and thankfully we have sorted everything out.

She is a lovely woman and she is great with my ds.

Lovely! My Mil is great too. We are very different people - she is always elegant, sophisticated and loves classical music and art. I am scruffy, buy my clothes in thrift stores, like rammstein and have no time for art unless it is pretty. So even though we are total opposites, she is always nice to me. It is like she read a book before my wedding on how to be the perfect mother in law and follows other religiously.

Some examples:- i can borrow her nice house for the kids parties, use her home as though it were my own, she takes the kids overnight regularly and loves it, she gives us restaurant vouchers for our anniversary and keeps the kids so we can go out, she makes her special chicken soup when I am ill and brings it to me... I love her almost as much as my own mother and even if i am vaguely aware she probably thinks i am vulgar, common, ill educated and weird, she hides it pretty well. :D

nilbyname Tue 30-Apr-13 20:08:30

My MIL is also a legend. She currently has day (4) living in as I am in Scotland with my family (dad is dying) with the baby s d dh is working away. She does and would do anything for us. I am lucky.

Imnotaslimjim Tue 30-Apr-13 20:08:57

I luffs my MIL too. we voiced a while back that we would like to move nearer to her, but can't afford to, and a few weeks ago she offered us Dh's inheritance early so we have a decent deposit to get a good house :D She takes the DC's at the drop of a hat, and rings me randomly just to say Hi. I heart her lots.

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Tue 30-Apr-13 20:10:03

What a lovely MIL. I love nice MIL threads smile. I hope your DD has a lovely birthday.

....but you do realise that you should be all whiney about it. It is MN law. You should be complaining that he is trying to spoil your DD, step on your toes, show up how poor your are or how rich she is, etc etc etc etc (yawn, yawn)

Ps, I have a lovely MIL too. She has never ever said anything remotely confused to me in the last 28 years and she tells me I am beautiful and that she knows I make her son happy smile

mrspaddy Tue 30-Apr-13 20:11:06

I actually love my MIL.. she is a really nice kind woman. Very genuine and non interfering. Hugs and kisses me when we meet. I'm lucky smile

HavingAnOffDAy Tue 30-Apr-13 20:11:31

Wow, that's so kind smile

My MIL has been to stay for a couple of days & has done all of my ironing smile

NoWayPedro Tue 30-Apr-13 20:12:27

Another one here with a lovely MIL (and FIL) smile. I love a bit o' mumsnet but I was thinking the other day how many MIL bashing threads there are. Now I'm not saying some don't deserve it you know who you are but surely there's lots of lovely ones too.

Pleased for your DD smile

D0GWithAYoni Tue 30-Apr-13 20:13:03

I'm jealous, our ils our awful, I so wish my dc had two lovely sets of gps.

Elkieb Tue 30-Apr-13 20:14:13

My lovely MIL has our DS one day a week so that I can afford to go back to work. Between my mum and her our childcare bill is manageable. She supports my DH and our family every step of the way. We love her lots. smile

NotInMyDay Tue 30-Apr-13 20:14:58

I also have a great MIL. If I phoned her and asked her to come and get me 200 miles away at 2am, not only would she come without a word she'd bring helpful items like a drink and tissues and a jacket. She's a keeper. grin grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now