Talk

Advanced search

to not ask for work for poorly ds

(10 Posts)
likesnowflakesinanocean Tue 30-Apr-13 16:47:10

he is off ill and doctor has advised he will be all week due to what's wrong with him. when I phoned today they seemed to be hanging on the phone whilst I needed to rush off to ds who was crying again. I wonder if I should of asked for work but never considered it as he's pretty upset and sore, he is five and in year one.

no of course not...he is poorly, the last thing he will feel like doing is school work.

thebody Tue 30-Apr-13 16:50:52

Do you mean work from school? If yes then no of course not for a week.

He's 5! Read him a story and let him watch ceebeebies.

likesnowflakesinanocean Tue 30-Apr-13 16:52:34

thanks for that they were hanging on on the phone for ages I sort of felt like I hadn't done something/said something,it just never occured to me to ask. glad I'm not a totally lax parent grin.

thebody Tue 30-Apr-13 16:53:58

Ah bless I expect the secretary was multi tasking.

Hope he's better soon.

likesnowflakesinanocean Tue 30-Apr-13 16:56:12

I was hoping so and I hadn't committed some kind of heinous parenting crimegrin he's not v cheery right now so can't imagine school work making it better

greenformica Tue 30-Apr-13 17:31:31

He's only year one, missing a week of school won't make one jot of difference in the long run.

likesnowflakesinanocean Tue 30-Apr-13 17:41:46

that's good to know he is miserable about being off but mostly as he's on his own and wanted to see his friends

riskit4abiskit Tue 30-Apr-13 19:13:48

I always feel sorry for kids whose parents phone school for work when they are ill. surely if you are too ill to be at school you should be resting? the work is often done to a poor standard anyway, and is a pain to organise to send home.

if you wanted to educate your child while he / she was off - they could more easily manage an hour in the library, or a short visit to a local museum (if not too ill)

likesnowflakesinanocean Tue 30-Apr-13 19:17:40

I thought the same just got the impression she was hanging on the phone. he's flitting between lots of rest and being bored witless so we have spent the day reading his skyland books

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now