Talk

Advanced search

re DH, fb and "likes".. I fear I'm being weird!

(15 Posts)
MsMcMonkey Mon 29-Apr-13 15:16:37

Have nc'd to protect myself from the shame grin

DH has "liked" the new profile picture of his supervisor at work. It's a very pretty black and white headshot and she does look lovely.

But it's makes me feel a bit weird. I'm sure he finds lots of other people attractive, but didn't expect to see the "evidence" on fb. It's thrown me a bit really.

Am I being weird though? Of course he finds other people attractive, even though he swears blind to me he doesn't. He claims to not remember why he liked her photo (yeah, right MrMcMonkey!) and he doesn't think she is attractive. I feel like this shouldn't be making me feel weird. And what did she think? Might she think he fancies her because he liked it? <overthinks, brain explodes>

How would you react? Would you find it weird or not notice? If I'm being weird, how do I stop being weird grin

IcaMorgan Mon 29-Apr-13 15:20:32

It might be just that he thinks its a nice pic not that he finds her attractive, I often like good pics of people but dont fancy them

LeaveTheBastid Mon 29-Apr-13 15:21:03

You're being weird. I like pictures all the time, most recent one being of BIL posing up a storm. Does not mean I fancy him, just means I appreciate the change of picture since his last one was a boring football badge.

Earthworms Mon 29-Apr-13 15:21:41

Liking a pic of your boss?

I'd rip the piss for being kissy arse.

For Months.

chrome100 Mon 29-Apr-13 15:22:32

YABU. And weird.

HTH grin

dothraki Mon 29-Apr-13 15:23:49

Earthworms grin - you beat me to it

yaimee Mon 29-Apr-13 15:24:23

You can appriciate that someone looks nice without being sexually attracted to them.
I 'like' lots of my friends pictures without fancying them.
You can't help how you feel, so yanbu to feel like that, but I think it is irrational and don't think your dp has done anything wrong.

Trill Mon 29-Apr-13 15:24:44

YABU

People don't just "like" photos of people who they find attractive.

He is just being kind....you are reading too much into it!

ParadiseChick Mon 29-Apr-13 15:30:47

Hmmm I do think it's a bit off to be honest.

likeitorlumpit Mon 29-Apr-13 15:31:25

hes being an arse lick thats all

Beamae Mon 29-Apr-13 15:36:19

Liking facebook pics is just shorthand for acknowledging them. I often like pics if I can't be bothered to comment and have noticed that even if I change my own profile pic to one I've used before, I get a flurry of likes. I've never taken it to mean that people are calling me beautiful. It's just people saying oh that's a nice shot of you. It's just people being polite.

TheBigJessie Mon 29-Apr-13 15:47:23

Umm, I think you're massively overthinking this. I "like" people profile pictures all the time, male and female. It doesn't mean you fancy them.

It's the internet equivalent of being polite enough to notice someone has drastically changed their hairstyle.

MsMcMonkey Mon 29-Apr-13 16:41:31

Ah, never has it felt so nice to be thought of as weird by a bunch of strangers grin

That is a relief then. I think it was just slightly unexpected, as he's not the kind of person to really notice/comment on women's looks. That and the fact it was a pretty sultry kind of photo had me thinking "eek!" But point taken, I am being weird grin And yes, he is a bit of an arse lick, in a nice way, so I can see what you mean with that. Ridiculous panic over!

Thank you for being gentle with me thanks

maddening Mon 29-Apr-13 16:52:52

It's a like button not a fancy or whoarrrr button smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now