Talk

Advanced search

To stop passing on DD's clothes?

(12 Posts)
NKffffffffabeee2d7X127640abcce Mon 29-Apr-13 14:54:20

For the past couple of years I have been passing down my DD's good used clothing to a friend with a DD a year younger. I have now unexpectedly had DD2. My friend has passed back anything which is still wearable, which has included lots of lovely stuff bought new for her DD. Should I carry on passing on my older daughter's things or WIBU to hang onto them now I have DD2? My friend has about the same household income as I do, but also has rich PILs and lots of extended family buying her DD presents.

K8eee Mon 29-Apr-13 14:55:58

YANBU. If she is a decent enough friend she'll understandsmile I'd be the same as you too!

CruCru Mon 29-Apr-13 18:27:45

Just hang on to them. Presumably you don't have an agreement that she can have all the clothes.

LemonsLimes Mon 29-Apr-13 18:29:58

Yes I'd hang onto them, unless you signed an agreement saying you would clothe her daughter until she goes to uni or something. wink

nextphase Mon 29-Apr-13 18:51:49

Is the stuff coming back better than the stuff that went? Or do the seasons work better for passing on?

Lots of stuff here gone backwards and forwards, only stopping when all 4 last kids were born at the same time! (well, not quite last, there has been one more baby since them, buy yswim)

exoticfruits Mon 29-Apr-13 19:03:19

Hang on to it-of course she will understand-circumstances change.

IHateSafeStyle Mon 29-Apr-13 19:04:33

So she gives you things you didn't pass on to her?

loopyluna Mon 29-Apr-13 19:05:04

Of course you don't pass on clothes when you have a younger child of your own! I'm quite sure your friend wouldn't expect you to at all.

thebody Mon 29-Apr-13 19:07:42

I really don't understand the post.

Of course you don't give clothes away that will do for your own kids.

You only give away or pass down things not needed.

EasyFromNowOn Mon 29-Apr-13 19:27:07

My friend passes her DD1's clothes to me for my DD who is two years younger. Anything still wearable, plus anything new I've bought then goes back for her DD2, who is 2 years younger than mine. We've done this since my DD was born.

SickOfYourShit Mon 29-Apr-13 19:30:06

I'd keep hold of them, you've helped her out enough already.

MiaowTheCat Mon 29-Apr-13 19:33:59

If you hang onto them - you have to store them (says she with boxes and boxes of different size stuff in cupboards)... if she's passing stuff back in decent nick with the pool of clothes added to with stuff she's bought - I'd carry on playing pass the clothes to avoid the storage issue.

Alternatively you might not live in a house as ridiculously small as ours is.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now