Talk

Advanced search

To feel ridiculously flattered and walking about with a spring in my step

(5 Posts)
drfayray Mon 29-Apr-13 13:28:06

I received a wonderful compliment on Saturday afternoon.

I was in the city looking for the perfect green eyeshadow in Mecca Cosmetica (was unsuccessful but not point of this story) and was talking to the male make up artist in the store. He suddenly stopped talking with me and stared very hard at me. Then he said, 'You have perfect features! Your lips are beautiful, your nose is lovely; a perfect shape and size and your eyes are enormous and striking. And I love how you do your make up! ( I channel Cleopatra)" I just laughed and he said, God even your teeth are gorgeous!

It is a good job they have wide doors there cos I doubt my head would have been able to go outside grin.

Now two years ago, my ex told me I was ugly, had no self-esteem and no one would want me. sad. I was about 30 kilos heavier and so very sad.
I changed my lifestyle, shed the weight, gained back my life but still felt uncertain about how I looked. I could always hear his hateful hurtful words in my head. Daft I know.

I thanked the guy and said you made an ould wumman very happy! He said old? You are only in your 30s surely? Uh no, I am 51 actually. He looked shocked grin. I do have good skin that has no wrinkles but it is cos I am Indian and the women in my family age extremely well.

I think I have laid my ex's hurtful and unkind comments to rest..don't you?

Howstricks Mon 29-Apr-13 13:34:17

Fabulous...Inner confidence really makes people glow. Go girl!

elfycat Mon 29-Apr-13 13:37:07

grin

Bank that memory and the feeling for anytime you need a pick up (I'd suggest using a perfume today while it's new, and then you can use the scent to trigger a more powerful memory when you want it later)

How lovely.

sticks tongue out at your silly ex who's probably growing a paunch and going bald as a result of the karma

tripecity Mon 29-Apr-13 13:39:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

drfayray Mon 29-Apr-13 13:41:26

Haha! Actually ex now has a beard which he dyes and it looks like a hairy vagine...grin The OW must like it....

And make up artist was gay so you know...more meaningful!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now