Talk

Advanced search

to not go out for tea with family tonight..

(6 Posts)
ditsydoll Mon 29-Apr-13 11:39:57

Because someone there has been in recent contact with Scarlett fever.

I have a 4yo dd and I'm due in less than 4 weeks with dc2 and more than anything we could just dowothout catching anything at the minute never mind scarlet fever.

I saw bil yesterday after he had been with his niece who has it but I wasn't in.really close contact so hoping we won't catch it if he goes on to develop symptoms but AIBU to not gp tonight.

I just think better safe than sorry as it can be dangerous if contracted just before labour and I'd also have to take a 10 day course of antibiotics while pregnant, also would rather dd didn't end up poorly.

I know you can't avoid everything but scarlet feveris quite rare now in the UK and is also highly contagious.

My mum thinks I'm being daft lol

ditsydoll Mon 29-Apr-13 11:41:24

Really sorry for all the typos I'm on my phone and didn't check before I posted. Hope you can make sense of that gibberish..

Nanny0gg Mon 29-Apr-13 11:41:34

It's not the end of the world.
Stay at home. I'm sure you need the rest anyway!

mummytime Mon 29-Apr-13 12:44:59

I wouldn't go! And I've had scarlet fever.

Your health professionals would also very much rather you didn't go. Did you know a fever can bring on labour? Soi stay away, and tell them to stay away until its safe.

ditsydoll Mon 29-Apr-13 13:10:33

Yeah I thought I'd be better just to leave itto stay on the safe side. It's not a special occasion, just a family get together.

BlackeyedSusan Mon 29-Apr-13 13:12:23

don't go. not worth a risk at the moment.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now