Talk

Advanced search

To hide DS's Charlie and Lola books?

(8 Posts)
SuiGeneris Sun 28-Apr-13 22:14:34

... DH and I cannot stand the ungrammatical language. Who on earth thought it would be a good idea to have characters aimed at children who are learning to speak speaking ungrammatically?

So, WWBU to hide said books and swap them with some less annoying ones (Peppa Pig or somesuch) which DS would also enjoy?

LillianaVess Sun 28-Apr-13 22:16:49

YNU I hate those books!

TwoCrazyKids Sun 28-Apr-13 22:16:49

YADNBU I used to work in a crèche and hated reading these stories. Luckily my dc don't have any. Hate the cartoon too.

bellablot Sun 28-Apr-13 22:17:54

Ooh your being kind, I threw my DC's ones out! They make me confused

numbum Sun 28-Apr-13 22:22:44

YADNBU I hated them with a passion and made DD donate them to school grin. But people seem to recommend them when other parents ask what books to buy their newly reading DC

TiredFeet Sun 28-Apr-13 22:23:30

yanbu. I try and avoid getting these out at the library at all costs blush. There are so many good books to read instead.

DragonMamma Sun 28-Apr-13 22:25:34

YANBU

Dreadful books

Alligatorpie Sun 28-Apr-13 22:28:20

Yabu!. I love Charlie and Lola, i have read them to dd1 for years. She now reads them to her baby sister. I am not worried about grammar (ok, i am a bit, but she is surrounded by people who are ESL, it has nothing to do with Lola) or her imagination!
Peppa pig is awful. Whiny, spoilt and a general pita. I got rid of those as soon as I could.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now