Talk

Advanced search

RUTH ARCHER

(21 Posts)
demisemiquaver Sun 28-Apr-13 21:11:51

AIBU to find Rurh Archer in Radio 4's The Archers INTENSELY irritating ?????????

PseudoBadger Sun 28-Apr-13 21:13:35

Come over to radio addicts smile

NomNomDePlum Sun 28-Apr-13 21:14:05

yabu to listen to the archers at all. they are all immensely, bile inducingly irritating.

Exhaustipated Sun 28-Apr-13 21:16:28

YANBU. Then again the list of annoying Archers is pretty long...

quoteunquote Sun 28-Apr-13 22:14:36

I have on occasion submitted detailed very carefully written plot lines as to how pip and ruth should die,

but for some reason the BBC haven't taken any of the suggestions up as yet,

it's a sort of hobby coming up with new farm related accidents which might if we are luck give them the sort of death they deserve,

I'm presently working on an episode in which the milk gets pumped into the cows and they explode.

I've even wondered who exactly you would have to blackmail on the archers script team to get them to get rid of the unbearably vile pair.

grin

BonaDrag Sun 28-Apr-13 22:15:27

Ruth, Pip.. Pair of cunts.

CuttedUpPear Sun 28-Apr-13 22:16:45

I'm loving the storyline with Pip. Deevid is finally getting his just desserts.

And yes, come over to Radio addicts, lots of good Archers threads there.

JollyGolightly Sun 28-Apr-13 22:17:26

I hate pretty much everyone on The Archers, but I can't stop listening.

It's an ugly, grubby habit and I hate myself.

SomethingOnce Sun 28-Apr-13 22:21:46

Oh, me too, Jolly - it's an awful compulsion angry

Cherriesarelovely Sun 28-Apr-13 22:51:16

YES!!! You are so right!!!!

demisemiquaver Sun 28-Apr-13 22:53:45

actually you're right!!!!!Pip is the other obnoxious one,,,and we musn't forget the ghastly susan and emma carter

Dereksmalls Sun 28-Apr-13 23:23:40

Ooh nooooo, Ruth is ok. Pip on the other hand - aaarrrggh! And bloody "Alice Dahling" and Adam and Tom and Helen, aural torture

"Ruth, Pip.. Pair of cunts."

Indeed.

glorious Mon 29-Apr-13 10:49:06

I don't mind Ruth but Pip can definitely go in quote's cowmaggedon, fabulous idea! Requires her to actually go near the cows, though.

Startail Mon 29-Apr-13 10:55:46

I've had two mugs of coffee and two vaginal births and I'm trying very hard not too piss my self laughing!

Exploding Cows grin

< of to the loo>

JenaiMorris Mon 29-Apr-13 11:37:52

Ruth is lovely.

Her daughter has taken her sense of entitlement to astonishing levels however. It's quite impressive, really.

She's like Borsetshire's answer to Mariah Carey.

Scholes34 Mon 29-Apr-13 11:59:55

Pip will get her comeuppance quite soon.

I had four 14 year old boys in the car yesterday on a drive back from Go Ape. They were all quite tired and quite entranced by the Archers, which I'd insisted on listening to before allowing them to re-tune to Radio 1 at 7.15 pm. I think the sound of the machinery in the milking sheds was sending them to sleep.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Mon 29-Apr-13 12:03:03

I thought the car crash would sort her out like it did before when Jeeeewd ran her over or whatever it was he did! it's going to take something else to sort her out, isn't it?

JenaiMorris Mon 29-Apr-13 12:11:12

Pip is making Kate Aldridge look quite reasonable, which is an achievement to be proud of I think.

quoteunquote Mon 29-Apr-13 12:19:25

I'm glad you like it glorious, I quite like the idea of the cows tipping due to increased load and pip getting crushed between to exploding cows as they blast off, it's that or the both of them being impaled by bovine bone.

I looked up ,"can owls get rabies", they can, next time she opens the nest box and does her smarmy "I'm the only one licensed to handle owls", she is in for a surprise.

TheOriginalSteamingNit Mon 29-Apr-13 12:25:12

quote that's brilliant!

pip is a ridiculous character, veers at the drop of a hat (or the death of a sheep) from dutiful drip to mardy superannuated teenager.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now