Talk

Advanced search

to not go back to this spinning class because I find the instructer annoying?

(5 Posts)
JennifersBody Sun 28-Apr-13 19:30:49

Went to my spinning class this morning, I was clearly the only new person there.

The instructor kept going on about (during the entire class) her holiday she was going on soon, and how she would be harpooned because they might mistake her for a whale ... and other interesting things like that.

She was barely a size 8. And there were lots of larger people in that class. hmm

And she insisted on asking the class every 5 minutes if everyone was ok. Not just a general question, she would go around the whole room saying - "Jane are you ok? Michael are you ok?" and when she got to me "erm ... you with the dark hair, are you ok?" cue everyone craning around to look at me.

Keenoonvino Sun 28-Apr-13 19:37:29

Did no one go "whoooo whoooo" on a particularly hard internal? I find that far more annoying.

HazleNutt Sun 28-Apr-13 19:42:22

YANBU, people have different preferences, of course you should not go and suffer every time. There must be other instructors available who are more your taste. As the others are obviously regulars, they must like the holiday chat, I guess.

Greydog Sun 28-Apr-13 19:49:42

I was one of the newbies in a Tai Chi group, which I was really looking forward to, & the instructor was horrid. She spent a fair amount of time with her old group, left us to get on with it, and it was me that she picked on. I thought "I'm too old for this nonsense" But stuck it out for a couple of classes then she asked me at a break what I thought. So I told her, and also that I had better things to do, and left. I complained about her, and got a refund of the fee, which I didn't expect. Life's too short to be bothered with numpties!

Keenoonvino Sun 28-Apr-13 19:50:14

**interval. Having an internal in a spin class would be odd indeed.

Anyway, YABU - spinning is for sweating and working out properly. Who gives a fuck what the instructor is like? Just do what they say and tune out the rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now