Talk

Advanced search

dd being disloyal (lighthearted) and mil was sneaky.

(14 Posts)
cheltenham84 Sat 27-Apr-13 22:53:33

So dd is nearly 7 months and will not eat anything I give her. Goes in mouth and out again.
Mil babysits and announces how much she loved her farleys rusks. (Mil brought them round and gave them without checking with me.)

LeaveTheBastid Sat 27-Apr-13 22:55:25

I love rusks. Warm with milk. Put one at the bottom of a bowl or cornflakes and warm it up.... Thank me later.

AgentZigzag Sat 27-Apr-13 22:55:30

Ahhh, she was just gumming them to death grin

She's saving her first proper food swallow for you grin

LeaveTheBastid Sat 27-Apr-13 22:55:45

*of

Oh... And naughty mil!

LadyMaryQuiteContrary Sat 27-Apr-13 22:56:37

First foods are not designed to be eaten, they are designed so that your baby can experience a new texture in her mouth. They all spit the food out. Rusks are sweet, that's why they like them. It's naughty of your mil to do this though, veg first.

PoppyWearer Sat 27-Apr-13 22:59:31

V. Naughty MIL!

Anyway, MILs lie! Mine is adamant that my DCs have slept through every night she has babysat them overnight. <hysterical laughter>

My MIL lies because she wants to be trusted with them again. My DC1 is old enough to tell me that she didn't sleep through.

(Disclaimer: my PILs have my DCs for a sleepover once a year)

It may not be true!

CheshireDing Sun 28-Apr-13 03:53:38

yanbu, rusks are shit food.

NoWayPedro Sun 28-Apr-13 07:09:26

MIL is out of order. Bread sticks if she wants to give LO something to hold/gum that are a bit harder if teething.

Makes good finger food with dips on as well - my DD loves em smile

Svrider Sun 28-Apr-13 09:07:44

My dd 1 took her first steps while DM was babysitting

Oh the betrayal!

Nowt wrong with risks btw

Svrider Sun 28-Apr-13 09:09:15

Risks is rusks
Love you autocorrect

lovesherdogstoomuch Sun 28-Apr-13 09:12:33

MIL's ALWAYS say the DC behave better for them. they are buggers. wink

iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Sun 28-Apr-13 13:46:26

I didn't know you shouldn't give 7 month olds rusks blush.

I am sure I did. I gave them healthy homemade stuff most the time but I would give them the occasional rusk biscuit if I was out and about. I am not that much of an oldie. Maybe the MIL didnt know either.

usualsuspect Sun 28-Apr-13 13:52:56

Mmmmm rusks. I gave all mine rusks.Something else I did wrong according to MN baby feeding laws.

heronsfly Sun 28-Apr-13 13:59:21

I've got a confession, my dgs always eats weetabix when i have him, and spits it out when mum makes it, might be the spoonful of sugar that makes the difference.His not a baby anymore though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now