Talk

Advanced search

To not want an iMac for my 40th

(14 Posts)
ThisIsYourSong Sat 27-Apr-13 22:02:40

Ok probably ungrateful but its my 40th today and DH got me an iMac. AIBU to think this is not a very exciting present?

I know its fancy but at the end of the day its just a computer. I hardly ever used the old one as I do pretty much everything on my phone.

I'm just disappointed he couldn't get me something more personal, plus we don't really have the money for it at the moment.

Molehillmountain Sat 27-Apr-13 22:06:26

Has he bought it because you needed a new computer? Or because, in truth, he fancied it? It wouldn't make it am exciting gift, but in our house gifts are really wrapped up things that we'd just have bought Pre kids. The days of expensive luxuries for birthday presents have gone.

Molehillmountain Sat 27-Apr-13 22:07:12

Dh would usually buy a tiny something that he knew I'd like, so yanbu.

EleanorFarjeon Sat 27-Apr-13 22:10:27

YANBU - very dull gift.

elQuintoConyo Sat 27-Apr-13 22:11:43

Was it a 'stealth' present, ie did your DH buy it for himself?!

You're right to feel miffed, if that's how you feel. I wouldn't mention it, though. Ever.

Could you use it more than your phone for e-mails/MN? Don't they have good photo/video packages? Maybe you could organise some old photos, scan old family pics or school pics?

He obviously thinks you would like it. Has he bought a 'crap' gift before? It's my bday tomorrow and I don't have anything to unwrap, nor a card <poor me emoticon> could I have your macbook? wink

ThisIsYourSong Sat 27-Apr-13 22:12:18

I think he did genuinely think I would like it. He's always been crap at presents which I don't really get as there are so many shops around with lovely things.

juule Sat 27-Apr-13 22:13:20

Yanbu. It should have been a MacBook Pro wink

ThisIsYourSong Sat 27-Apr-13 22:15:31

Maybe I could return it and get us both something nice ElQuinto smile

I do appreciate the thought. And obviously it will get some use. I'm just being ungrateful.

ThisIsYourSong Sun 28-Apr-13 07:42:01

Happy birthday ElQuinto gringrin

Hope you have a lovely day and get spoilt by your family/friends!

Toadinthehole Sun 28-Apr-13 07:54:24

Please may I have it? smile

Not unreasonable at all, we've got an Imac and I much prefer my Windows laptop.

Jinty64 Sun 28-Apr-13 08:06:28

Take it back and change it for an i-pad. I love, love, love my i-pad. I have had it for 16 months now and the novelty hasn't worn off. I only have an old fashioned phone though.

ILoveFrogs Sun 28-Apr-13 08:48:34

Really?

I'm counting down the months until my 30th in Aug, I'll have a shiny new MacBook Pro, can't wait!

ThisIsYourSong Sun 28-Apr-13 09:02:06

But why Frogs? What's so great about it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now