Talk

Advanced search

To tell dd I don't give a monkey's bum about speed stacking club

(8 Posts)
goingmadinthecountry Sat 27-Apr-13 19:39:15

harsh I know but it's noisy! She does lots of other (interesting)stuff and I bought the plastic cups happily enough. Just couldn't care less that she's 3rd best in the class. Have I damaged her self-esteem for ever? She's 9 btw.

LaLaGabby Sat 27-Apr-13 19:42:11

What?

SueDoku Sat 27-Apr-13 19:43:03

Just pray that she never wants to learn a musical instrument - if plastic cups are noisy, a violin will be hell....confused

Fairylea Sat 27-Apr-13 19:43:58

My dd is into this too.. same age. I am agreeable to a point and then I descend into crazy grumpy old woman and demand she does it on a towel to save my sanity as less noisy.

goingmadinthecountry Sat 27-Apr-13 19:50:00

She plays clarinet. I support that (have a music degree and a couple of diplomas) because there's a point.

Fairylea, a towel is an inspired idea. Thank you! Sanity can resume in our household!

LaLaGabby Sat 27-Apr-13 20:00:29

Have educated myself via YouTube.

Thank you for confirming that children are mad. grin

goingmadinthecountry Sat 27-Apr-13 20:02:43

Ha! Just be glad you've never had to put up with it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off soon...

TheCunnyFunt Sat 27-Apr-13 21:43:56

I have stacking cups! I'm 21 and I asked my mum to get me some for my 21st birthday last June grin They're great! I'm crap at it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now