Talk

Advanced search

to think I should diet??

(12 Posts)
Claricetheangel Fri 26-Apr-13 23:47:05

Two completely separate people have told me this week that I am looking 'well' ie I thought you were a bit looking a bit thin lately...so I am now scrutinsing the mirror for double chins etc..not happysad Why do people think this is an acceptable thing to say!?!!

maddening Fri 26-Apr-13 23:49:43

how on earth have you got from two people saying "clarice you are looking well" to "clarice you need to diet"?

when did "you are looking well" become unacceptable!? confused

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 26-Apr-13 23:50:06

Or maybe, you know, you might be looking well?

nenevomito Fri 26-Apr-13 23:51:37

They're telling you that you're looking well because you're looking well.

Why would you see this as a bad thing?

AgentZigzag Fri 26-Apr-13 23:51:50

I think you're reading a bit too much into an off the cuff remark made in passing smile

They thought you were looking well, it's a nice thing to say and miles better than 'shock Are you OK? You look awful shock'

Claricetheangel Fri 26-Apr-13 23:58:32

I did ask what made them say so and was replyed a fuller face...It made me think that as I sailed through my 30s as a thinny I must watch what I eat in my 40s..even after 2 kids weight was never a bother..but being told you look fuller in the face is a kick up the butt to get running gear out..funny how spring gets people out and about after months of near hibernation and notice differences..but all good..happy days wink xx

Claricetheangel Sat 27-Apr-13 00:03:47

yes I do think I read too much into the comment..but then when someone else said it I did question things..I had a good Easter and continued to munch...Healthy eating and mucho running from now on...wink

Claricetheangel Sat 27-Apr-13 00:16:55

just feeling frumpy angry sad

Januarymadness Sat 27-Apr-13 00:57:46

you know my sil could do with looking a bit fuller in the face. She currently looks gaunt and unwell. It was probably said meaning you look better!

HollyBerryBush Sat 27-Apr-13 07:47:03

When you get to a certain age ie in your 40's like me, you need to puta few pounds on to fill out the crows feet. My excuse and I'm sticking to it!

MsVestibule Sat 27-Apr-13 08:19:50

What do the scales and your clothes say?

Snog Sat 27-Apr-13 08:21:19

Looking well is a compliment from some and an insult from others I have learnt...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now