Talk

Advanced search

to ask if you read every topic in AIBU...

(20 Posts)
NoSuchFairytale Thu 25-Apr-13 19:50:27

or do you pick out the ones where the title seems interesting?

AIBU moves so quickly! As soon as I go to reply to something there's already 30 odd replies despite only 2 being there when I first looked. I need to type faster...

So many new topics bounce up in one go. smile

NoSuchFairytale Thu 25-Apr-13 19:51:25

*I mean thread not topic. blush

Mintyy Thu 25-Apr-13 19:51:57

Did you know that there is an awful lot more to Mumsnet than aibu?

marjproops Thu 25-Apr-13 19:52:00

depends on the title, and i wont open the ones that dont finish the title but leave you hanging!

TheseFoolishThings Thu 25-Apr-13 19:53:22

I think Chat moves faster than AIBU but yes, I do tend to read if the title looks of interest to me

NoSuchFairytale Thu 25-Apr-13 19:55:55

Mintyy, yep, I've realised how diverse MN is.

fluffyraggies Thu 25-Apr-13 19:59:02

If the title is only mildly interesting and there's been loads (more than 50) replies already i don't read it.

I don't read purely pregnancy related ones.

I tend to browse the top 10 on AIBU and then if i'm still here after that i'll scroll down and read some older ones.

Some days i find there's loads of threads i find interesting, other days it's boring quiet on here.

kim147 Thu 25-Apr-13 20:30:59

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CarpeVinum Thu 25-Apr-13 20:33:31

If it doesn't appear on active convos, I don't open it.

And even then the title has to catch my eye.

Too many threads on this place not to be a bit selective about what you open and read, let alone get sucked into respond to.

2rebecca Thu 25-Apr-13 20:36:13

I read just a few, the ones where there may be a real difference of opinion, the ones where the topic is of personal interest, the ones where the poster isn't just using AIBU to publicise their personal project, the ones that don't involve whining about the health service or teachers or social workers...

AmazingBouncingFerret Thu 25-Apr-13 20:36:16

I don't actively go onto the AIBU topic. If something jumps out at me on active convos then I'll click on it.

Dogsmom Thu 25-Apr-13 20:50:23

I avoid ones with half finished or cryptic titles, also political or religious ones.

Then when I open one I scroll down and if it's too long or one huge paragraph then I don't bother reading it.

Nelly000 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:25:14

Did you know that there is an awful lot more to Mumsnet than aibu?

Don't talk bollocks. smile

thermalsinapril Thu 25-Apr-13 21:26:42

How would anyone have time to read every post in every topic?

ImTooHecsyForYourParty Thu 25-Apr-13 21:27:33

I go by titles in Active Convos.

Which means that most of the threads I read are in fact AIBU grin

If it's got too many posts, I tend not to click on it. Normally it means it's kicked off and I really can't be arsed with fights.

MimsyBorogroves Thu 25-Apr-13 21:30:20

I read the ones with an interesting title, or where I may have an opinion to give.

That said, I mainly use the app or the "last 15 minutes/hour" when I come on so I never really look at the topic each post is under.

5318008 Thu 25-Apr-13 21:42:13

Nelly why is it bollocks?

Still18atheart Thu 25-Apr-13 21:57:05

I spend too much time on mn anyway by just reading through the aibu on the active thread let alone read all the ones in the aibu category thingy

CotedePablo Thu 25-Apr-13 22:09:25

I just look at Active as well, and it has to look interesting before I'll open a topic. I consider those who start topics with titles like 'WWYD if this happened?' with no indication whatsoever what the post is about ignorant in the extreme.

Nelly000 Thu 25-Apr-13 22:14:41

I was making a joke expressing (mock) surprise that someone would suggest there was more to Mumsnet than AIBU.

HTH

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now