Talk

Advanced search

To remove a friend on Facebook?

(20 Posts)
MNBlackpoolandFylde Thu 25-Apr-13 17:49:23

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DorisShutt Thu 25-Apr-13 17:51:22

Set your privacy so only your friends can see what you post?

Then the teacher shouldn't see anything.

Justforlaughs Thu 25-Apr-13 17:52:53

You're more likely to be told that YABU to have a facebook page at all, on here grin.
I wouldn't have a teacher as a facebook friend but as I'm very careful what I write I wouldn't have a problem with someone else who happened to have the teacher as a "friend". It's entirely up to you really, but imo, you are overreacting unless you habitually rant about teachers.

deepfriedsage Thu 25-Apr-13 17:53:02

Don't defriend them change your settings.

MNBlackpoolandFylde Thu 25-Apr-13 17:54:48

SarahAndFuck Thu 25-Apr-13 17:55:17

Start complaining loudly to your friend that your DD is in danger of being run over every time she leaves school, plus you are often late arriving to collect her, because the other parents at the school are constantly parking in your private, paid for parking space.

It all helps OP wink

freddiefrog Thu 25-Apr-13 17:55:39

A couple of my DD's teachers are my friends on Facebook and it doesn't bother me what I or they post on there

But I live in a small village, so it's inevitable we'll know school staff outside school. For example, my DH is our head's DH's boss, a close friend is DD2's class TA. It's fine

Justforlaughs Thu 25-Apr-13 17:56:16

In which case just change your settings. (and ask your friend not to comment on any of the "school" based threads)

MNBlackpoolandFylde Thu 25-Apr-13 17:56:48

MNBlackpoolandFylde Thu 25-Apr-13 17:58:05

DorisShutt Fri 26-Apr-13 05:57:36

Yes. But you can ask her to change her setting so it doesn't.

NotTreadingGrapes Fri 26-Apr-13 06:28:50

Tbh, if you are the kind of person who whinges (your words) about personal things to do with your child's school, then no, you are probably NBU to remove the friend.

AViewFromTheFridge Fri 26-Apr-13 06:59:43

You could always block the teacher, then as far as she's concerned, you won't have an account. Also, if your settings are set to friends only, then it won't come up if she comments on anything of yours anyway. (Only to mutual friends, who can see what you say anyway!)

jendot Fri 26-Apr-13 07:06:05

If you have your account set up so that friends of friends can see your account you probably shouldn't be posting anything on your fb that you wouldn't be prepared to share with the world... It's pretty easy for anyone to become a friend of a friend even without your knowledge.
If you are concerned then change it to friends only...
I have mine as friends only but even then I would never post anything that I wouldn't want a teacher / future employer etc to see. These things have a habit of biting you on the bum at a later date!

MidniteScribbler Fri 26-Apr-13 07:20:43

Or you could simply stop whinging about your child's school on facebook. Too obvious?

TheCatIsUpTheDuff Fri 26-Apr-13 07:24:00

If you're saying things you wouldn't want her to see, maybe you shouldn't be broadcasting them on the internet. If you stand by what you say, where's the problem? It would be pretty unreasonable for her to treat your daughter differently based on what she's indirectly come across on Facebook. If the friend was very important to you, you wouldn't think of deleting them.

Alligatorpie Fri 26-Apr-13 07:26:44

I teach in an international school overseas, so have dd's teacher, my principal, the owners daughter and several of dd's friends parents on my fb.
I would never say anything negative about my school on fb.

Ezza1 Fri 26-Apr-13 09:38:25

I'm not sure I understand the problem.

MNBlackpoolandFylde Fri 26-Apr-13 19:54:09

MNBlackpoolandFylde Fri 26-Apr-13 19:59:46

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now