Talk

Advanced search

to wish I had a good job?

(7 Posts)
ssd Thu 25-Apr-13 12:15:55

thats it really

my choice....of sorts

I had a job I loved when the dc's were much younger, had mum and mil to babysit

Then they got too old/frail and I couldnt find childcare to cover the hours I worked (dh worked shifts/no room for au pair/no childcare here at weekends)

So I left, very very reluctantly...and have worked various low paid jobs since, that work around dh's shifts and the school days...childminding, house cleaning....anything that was flexible

Now the kids are getting bigger, I just wish things had been different and I had a better job

musickeepsmesane Thu 25-Apr-13 12:19:36

flowers Its pants isn't it? Can you study something? Start your own business maybe? You will get more of your life back the older the kids get.

ssd Thu 25-Apr-13 12:27:00

I need to study, I was starting something but my mum died and I havent been able to pick it up since.....but I know I need to get back to it

musickeepsmesane Thu 25-Apr-13 12:38:04

I hope you manage to restart the studying. It will give you a boost. I am sorry about your mum. It is hard to get on with your life after a loss like that but you have to. What were you studying? I like the idea of studying at home but worry I wouldn't have the discipline.

ssd Thu 25-Apr-13 12:41:53

I was studying a computer course, quite basic really. I had seen a careers counsellor and she was great, she told me before i do a thing I need to update my non existent computer skills. So I was doing it at home, online and getting quite into it..then mum died and everything came crashing down. I'm starting to pick myself up again, but cant get a handle on doing the course again, my mind is full of what happened all the time. I hope to restart it one day.

quesadilla Thu 25-Apr-13 12:42:20

I think studying is probably a good way in: will get you slowly back into the discipline of working and boost your self esteem. Good luck with it.

ssd Thu 25-Apr-13 12:47:33

I do work, but its a min wage job and I hate it...but it fits in with kids

I want something better

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now